PDA

View Full Version : Question About Fischer's and Masked

Arabianhorselover
07-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Hi. I have read that the Fischer's and Masked Lovebirds do not stay tame as well as the Peach-faced. I don't know if it's true. Have any of you experienced this? Do you have to handle them daily to keep them tame?

bird
05-04-2014, 11:24 PM
I am new to lovebirds but in my limited experience I have noticed the peach faced as being sweeter. I had a fischers and it was a bit difficult, the breeder had many that were extremely sweet so I am sure it can be done with time and patience. I currently have a masked face and he does seem to be more curious than the peach faced, nibbles a bit more. They are different but both are adorable.

linda040899
05-05-2014, 12:28 AM
Fischer's and Masked Lovebirds tend to be a bit more stand-offish than their Peachfaced counterparts but there are members here who have some adorable, friendly Fischer's, as well as Masked. Sometimes it comes down to individual personality but a lot also depends on the amount of attention from you.

Looking forward to seeing more about your lovie

starwynde
05-07-2014, 06:14 PM
My very first lovebird was a black masked, and Miggy was the sweetest thing in the world. He laid on his back in my hands and let me rub his belly, and would sleep with me on the sofa if I fell asleep infront of the the tv (he'd settle onthe pillow next to me. He had full range of the house (wings clipped, no other pets) but never left his cage in the window until he saw my car, at whch point he would run over and meet me at the door when I came in. I could also stick him in my hoodie and walk around the mall or anywhere else with him either on my shoulder or in my hood or pocket and never worry about him going anywhere unless it was to venture out for a snack.

I've never had a lovie that closely bonded before... even my current peachie that I raised from 4 weeks won't sit still on my shoulder long enough to warm his feet. That said, I've known wonderful mask and eyering lovies, and a few not so nice peachies... I think handling, attention, and personality have more to do with it than anything. My :2cents: