PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting observations by listening

ed52
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Yesterday Buddy was perched on my shoulder and I squeezed by ear to his back.
I could hear his heart beat at about 5 -7 beats per second. That is a hard working heart! Also as I moved my finger towards him I could feel a low frequency vibration from his body. As he relaxed the vibration gradually stopped. Just wondering what that vibration is?

thebubbleking
08-22-2013, 04:43 PM
birdie purrs! there is a difference between the humming and shivering, lovebirds vibrate and beak grind when they are happy :)

Z28Taxman
08-22-2013, 05:06 PM
birdie purrs! there is a difference between the humming and shivering, lovebirds vibrate and beak grind when they are happy :)

Ditto vibrates like a little jackhammer when he's relaxing in my hand. And if he's rubbing against my ear when he's vibrating I can actually hear it! :happy: He's a happy bird!:happy::happy:

ed52
08-24-2013, 12:08 AM
I've been thinking about this and may have a theory about the vibrating.

When Buddy relaxes, the beak grinding starts and the vibrating stops. I think the vibrating is his muscles being active to instantly react to danger or something they need to be alert to instantly. It could be his muscles are 'on alert'!
????

michael
08-24-2013, 04:13 AM
I've been thinking about this and may have a theory about the vibrating.

When Buddy relaxes, the beak grinding starts and the vibrating stops. I think the vibrating is his muscles being active to instantly react to danger or something they need to be alert to instantly. It could be his muscles are 'on alert'!
????

I've noticed vibrating doesn't always occur during periods of good stimulus, but likewise, also during bad. Beak grinding, on the other hand, only seems to occur during periods of relaxed bliss much like having just finished a gourmet meal. ..........:)

mstomcat65
09-06-2013, 10:23 AM
I've only seen Lacey vibrate once. She does the beak grinding all the time when she is ready for a nap or just wants to relax on my shoulder. I like when she grinding while on my shoulder, it so relaxing to listen to :)

Z28Taxman
09-06-2013, 10:59 AM
I've only seen Lacey vibrate once. She does the beak grinding all the time when she is ready for a nap or just wants to relax on my shoulder. I like when she grinding while on my shoulder, it so relaxing to listen to :)

Ditto likes to snuggle in my hand, bury his face in my fingers and grind away! Did I mention he's a happy bird! :happy: