PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Petsmart is officially wothless!!!!!!!

Z28Taxman
08-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Ditto's decision to go crazy eating avi-cakes caused a crisis. He ate so many that We're running very low so I decided to go to petsmart to pick some up and see if they actually had the garden veggie berries in stock like the website claims.

Ha, I should have known better. Not only did they not have veggie berries but also no Ditto sized avi-cakes. In fact the only lafeber stuff they had was one pack of el-paso nutriberries, one pack of parrot sized avi-cakes and 2 packs of macaw sized avi-cakes.

Well the macaw sized ones were out of the question since one of those is almost as big as Ditto himself so I got the parrot sized ones. The veggie berries are parrot ones and he eats those so it's worth a try. I had to break them up a bit though, he'd never be able to fly to the couch with one of those monsters in his beak. :lol He can however pick it up out of the bowl and throw it to the floor of the cage but he's now going to town on another one.

So enough of petsmart, I ordered another 4 packs of veggie berries and Ditto sized avi-cakes from That Pet Place.

Z28Taxman
08-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Well 3 hours later there were no whole avi-cakes in the bowl. He chewed them all into crumbs. Seems he's having a silent (or crunchy) protest! :evil:

starwynde
08-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Hear, here! Both Petsmart and Petco are useless when it comes to avian product and selection I have found. Their websites are misleading because products they say are available in store "may not be available in all locations." It's hard to find a decent place anywhere anymore to get food and supplies.

I'm glad Ditto decided to enjoy the fruits of your labor and take on the larger pieces. I purposely get the parrot-sized Avicakes for Gem as they are the same price as the smaller ones where I buy from on island here, but the package has 4oz more cake for the same price. Their variety is limited, but luckily Gem prefers the basic cake and is learning to like the other varieties of berries as I can't seem to find former favorite Orchard Berry.

Z28Taxman
08-26-2013, 09:07 AM
After I posted the last message I refilled the bowl and he ate normally again. Typical Ditto temper tantrum. :evil:

mstomcat65
08-26-2013, 10:50 AM
the big major pet stores near where i live are petco and petsmart. I have to say that petsmart is the better choice here. I am also disappointed with petsmart because they used to have a bigger selection of bird food for the lovebirds and cockatiels. Petco has gone down hill in their bird toy department. I have seen broken toys and the shelves and last couple times i've been in there and they aren't well stocked in the nutriberries in the smaller sizes.

Z28Taxman
08-26-2013, 05:28 PM
The only store around here is petsmart and they've been worthless for months now.

I definitely won't be getting the parrot sized avi-cakes again. He does eat them but he wastes way too much. He's gone through half the bag already! :omg: