PDA

View Full Version : It's official: Gem's gone batty!

starwynde
09-11-2013, 11:44 AM
I woke up this morning and was surprised to hear that Gem was up and about already, as he usually sleeps late and gives me stink eye if I uncover him too soon. When I uncovered his cage, I found him hanging upside down from his rope swing by one foot preening what few feathers he does have, flapping his chicken wings and chirping to himself. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen him do, and when he saw me looking at him, it was like I was supposed to believe that what he was doing was normal.

If there is anything I have learned in my life, it's that animals I own tend to not be normal, and apparently Gem is now showing his true colors. :roll:

thebubbleking
09-11-2013, 09:23 PM
lol i have a few in my flock like that.
Infact my hen baby boo has a parkeet swing with a bell on the bottom it is the only toy she has that she ever played with... if it breaks has to be same swing same colors etc lol
Now the funny thing she does is hang by one foot and use her other foot to kick the swing bell like a boxer hitting a speed bag!
BUT only if noone is looking! as soon as anyone looks she quickly hops off and pretends to be doing something else!
It is like she is all bling bling bling bling * hops off swing* me? playing?!?! never! i am alpha bird and to mature for that kind of antics!
Tooo funny they do some funny things them fids XD

Pips mom
09-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Awwww..........Gem is perfectly normal!!!!........for a lovebird! :nyah: Sounds to me like he's a happy lil guy!

michael
09-12-2013, 09:18 PM
........It was the craziest thing I have ever seen him do, and when he saw me looking at him, it was like I was supposed to believe that what he was doing was normal........

Wasn't but soon after adopting our B.B. Lovebird I quit wondering why his previous owner occasionally referred to him as "monkey". .. Take one mischievous primate, add feathers, and you now have B.B. Lovebird! ........:)