PDA

View Full Version : Cage Time...

mstomcat65
10-04-2013, 12:40 PM
First alittle background on myself.... i don't work outside the home and my hubby works 4 10 hr shift days. I have five grown kids now so it's just me, my hubby, mollie (beagle), and lacey.

I have had lacey for almost 4 months (on the 9th) and compared to what she was like when i first got her she has changed alot to say the least. I got her at around 3 - 4 months of age, so she's coming up on 8 months now. When i first got her she like both of us equally and then she liked my hubby more. In the last few weeks she has pretty much become a velcro birdie turning into a total gluestick!! Don't get me wrong, i love that she loves me so much but i'm having a hard time getting my household stuff done... vacuuming, cooking, laundry etc. Even taking a shower/bath proves to be a challenge. lol. she's ok with my hubby on weekends while i get stuff done (for a little while that is). My question is this.... what do you guys do during the day when you're at home? I have been starting to put her in her cage to play for a bit at times. She's basically ok with that unless i leave the room. Do your birds act the same way? will she eventually go back to playing with toys outside of her cage? as of now they don't seem to be to interesting and i've been trying to rotate or try different interesting things for her to play with. Sorry so long but i just need to know what she's doing is "normal" for a lovie. thanks in advance for any input!

Marti