PDA

View Full Version : Co-parenting

Daiqattack10
11-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Does anyone have any recommendations on how to make my two two-month old babies into nice birds again? once they learned how to fly they've been monsters.

Literally, they've been handled with love and patience and kindness since they were a day old, and now they scream bloody murder if you try and touch them, they are getting a little nippy, and they are extremely flighty. I don't generally agree with extreme wing clips but i'm doing them on these two so they'll stop. it's extremely irritating and i've just about lost my patience on dealing with them. Even my hand-fed babies, who received LESSSSSSSSSS socializing and LESSSSS handling and were flighty as **** when i got them, behave better and are sweeter and less fearful than these two. Why are they developing all these irrational fears out of no where? They were so loving and gentle before they learned to fly.

michael
11-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Neither co-parenting or pulling baby lovebirds and hand feeding them guarantee's that they "or any other parrot species" will remain tame once they reach adulthood. Best you can do, is appreciate what its like to be a lovebird confined to a humans world. .. Trimming their wings AFTER they've learned to navigate is recommended. How much you wish to socialize them afterwards is on you.

linda040899
11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
I would do a mini wing clip (4-6 flights) to slow them down. It generally works. Being able to fly changes the dynamics and I've had this happen to me! I've also had completely parent raised babies, not socialized at all, become very loving pets. There's no guarantees either way. If you clip the flights, they will grow back and you can re-evaluate the need to clip again.