PDA

View Full Version : Handling advice

Bedazzler
12-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi all
Well since my last post in the "I need help now" forum, I'm sorry to say nothing has really changed with regards to Dazzlers health and the infection under his wings....added to that... the vet I was seeing pretty much gave up on him...which I refuse to do....so I have found this amazing vet centre about 1.5 hours away in the car, but totally worth it....
Today I was given a list of new meds to try on him, and he had a collar fitted to stop any more irritation...
He isn't happy wearing ithe collar (understandably) as he can't move around easily so he is just sitting at the bottom of his cage....however....when it came to medicine time it was horrific! I just didn't know how to handle him (do I hold the collar or his body? I tried both but failed each time) and he was so distressed the little love...
Does anyone else have any experience of handling lovies with a collar on?? If so any advice would be greatly appreciated....
Thanks

linda040899
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Here's a link from our Resource Library: http://www.lovebirdsplus.com/red.jpg Depending on how the collar is worn, you can adjust your fingers so that you are in control.

Hopefully, this new vet will get the infection/problem under control soon!