PDA

View Full Version : The unpredictable Dittobird strikes again....

Z28Taxman
02-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Well you'd think I'd be able to predict this by now but I guess I'm a slow learner.... :lol

I got tired of having to order 4 or 5 bags of nutriberries every month so on Thursday I ordered a 3 LB tub of them. Well guess what he decided over the weekend..... yep you guessed it, Avi-cakes are his favorite and he's eating them like he hasn't had them in years and nibbling on the nutriberries! :evil:

Maxie
02-18-2014, 05:00 PM
:lol:lol:lol

linda040899
02-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Well you'd think I'd be able to predict this by now but I guess I'm a slow learner....
Buy enough of each and problem is solved..... :lol I try not to predict, just cover as many bases as I can but that doesn't always work, either!

Maxie
02-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Do they always do this? I've noticed with Max, he's not eating his "favourites" anymore. He used to dive into his veggies every morning but lately he's not really interested.

Z28Taxman
02-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Do they always do this? I've noticed with Max, he's not eating his "favourites" anymore. He used to dive into his veggies every morning but lately he's not really interested.

Ditto switches around all the time.

Z28Taxman
02-18-2014, 07:02 PM
Buy enough of each and problem is solved..... :lol I try not to predict, just cover as many bases as I can but that doesn't always work, either!

I've got half a bag of nutriberries plus the 3 pound tub and at least 6 packs of avi-cakes. that should last him a month.

thebubbleking
02-19-2014, 04:29 PM
I also cover all bases but with 9 birds they all have different tastes and favorites so everbirdie gets a little of everything! But no sooner then i fill thier treat bowls ( all birds get the same type and amount of treats.) all the birds go to everybirdy elses house because apparently everybirdy elses treats or food tastes better then thier own! :lol

mstomcat65
02-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Lacey has decided that avi cakes are the bomb right now. She didn't seem to interested in them a couple months ago so I decided to hold off buying them and got something else. Well decided to buy the avi cakes a couple weeks ago and when she sees that red bag she's crazy till I give her some :) When I first got her she liked the nutri berries, now not so much. I think I need to try a new flavor.....thinking maybe the popcorn one. Does anyone have lovies that like the the popcorn flavor?

Z28Taxman
02-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Ditto loves the popcorn ones.

Maxie
02-20-2014, 06:54 AM
They're quite finicky…Max isn't interested in veggies lately at all. Yesterday I bought him the Lefebers pellet berries. I just put a few in his food cup…he nibbled on them a bit…threw in a nutriberry, picked the seeds off that. So, then I gave in and put in a some seeds so he eats his breakfast.

mstomcat65
02-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Ditto loves the popcorn ones.

do the bags you get have whole berries? it seems every time i want to buy a bag they are all broke up.... not that it would taste any different but i guess i expect better when we are paying so much for them :confused:

Z28Taxman
02-20-2014, 10:31 AM
do the bags you get have whole berries? it seems every time i want to buy a bag they are all broke up.... not that it would taste any different but i guess i expect better when we are paying so much for them :confused:

I haven't bought any in awhile (have to fix that) but they were always whole.

mstomcat65
02-20-2014, 11:01 AM
thanks for your reply Dave. I only have 2 "pet stores" near me so and one of them is usually out of stock. Walmart, K-Mart, Target and Fleet Farm are the only other stores that carry pet supplies and they don't carry something that fancy lol. I guess i'll just have to check more often!

Z28Taxman
02-20-2014, 04:38 PM
Talk about an excited lovebird. He finished off the last small bag of nutriberries today so I took the 3 pound bag out of the box and his eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas and he started chirping and bouncing all over the cage! :happy:

Lovie
02-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Awww, that's so cute. :) A lovebird is a handful, but it's such a joy when they're excited.

Bubblelady
02-20-2014, 10:20 PM
We are mostly into Avicakes here. with occasional interest in Nutriberries. Not so much for the popcorn ones. Actually, they both prefer the basic plain ones when they do go for them. But they are like Bubbleking's birds. They both get the exact same things in their cages during the day. When I get home & let them out, they immediately exchange cages and go eat the other guy's left overs. Murphy likes veggies and Gussie likes fruit, however, so they don't go for each other's fresh food.