PDA

View Full Version : Um--what do I need to look for?

Tallyollyopia
03-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Today, while I was gone, my brother let the lovebirds loose to roam around the room, because he knows that I do that. What he doesn't realize is that I always watch them when they're loose to make sure they don't get into trouble. One of the things I have in my room is a collection of white masks (I have no idea what they're made of) that I got at a yard sale. When I got home today, I found that the birds had been chewing on the masks. :omg: This isn't something that happens when I watch them, and at first I wasn't sure if this was what happened as the masks in question simply appeared to have fallen--but there's the unmistakable mark of little beaks on the tops of the masks. I've heard of birds chewing on things for salt and ingesting chemicals--so what do I need to look for?

linda040899
03-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Watch for change in droppings or lethargic lovies when they should be active. If they were just in a chewing/shredding mood, that's all they may have done but you can never be 100% sure. I would watch them closely for the next couple of days.