PDA

View Full Version : A Scary Event

Lovie
03-27-2014, 12:00 AM
Sorry, I have the feeling this will be a very long post...

My bird was outside the cage, and it was wandering around. My mom was wrapping a box, tipping it on its side to tape the flaps down, and my bird went near her to investigate. I tried to grab it, but it was too fast. It went underneath the box and started biting at something just as my mom set the box down. My bird started shrieking because it was trapped underneath the box, so I screamed, "Mom, lift the box up!" She wasn't listening, so I had to push the box aside. My bird wriggled its way out.

It seems to be fine now, but it was so terrifying. My parents now say I need to keep a barrier up to enclose my bird (and me)... which I used to do, but I eventually stopped because my bird hated to be isolated from the other family members).

Anyway... if you read this, thank you for even taking the time. :)

linda040899
03-27-2014, 08:04 AM
I've seen this kind of problem between kids and parents on more than one occasion. Parrots are like perpetual 2 year olds and constantly getting into trouble of some kind. That's because they are parrots and we have them living in an environment that is unnatural to them. My family loved animals but not all families feel the same way. If your mom is doing something, you may have to take extra precautions.

Lovie
03-27-2014, 02:03 PM
Yes, I really should've been more careful. I'm just glad that the bird is okay. :)

Pips mom
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Lovebirds are VERY nosy little critters! Glad you're lovie is ok!