PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

Maxie
03-30-2014, 04:44 PM
…after 4 months, Max let me scratch his head today! I'm so happy! :)

Lovie
03-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Yay! Congratulations, Max sounds like a cutie. :)

linda040899
03-30-2014, 08:24 PM
You have earned Max's trust and this is a HUGE milestone!!!!! Congratulations!

Maxie
03-31-2014, 06:48 AM
:happy::happy::happy:

thebubbleking
03-31-2014, 01:38 PM
my sun conures made me wait 2 years, congrats!

Maxie
04-01-2014, 07:04 AM
my sun conures made me wait 2 years, congrats!

Really???? Probably because your birds have each other to preen?

linda040899
04-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Not based on my own experience. :) I have 2 Amazons and several grey. They all enjoy social grooming but their relationship with me is completely separate from their relationship with each other. My male Double Yellow Head Amazon has made great strides with me after years of abuse my several men but his trust only goes so far. He's been with me for almost 7 years and, while he realizes that I'm not the same thing he came from, he's not unpacked everything from his past. It's sad when I think about it because he's very social/pleasant. I don't understand how anyone could beat/mistreat him the way former owners did.

Maxie
04-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Not based on my own experience. :) I have 2 Amazons and several grey. They all enjoy social grooming but their relationship with me is completely separate from their relationship with each other. My male Double Yellow Head Amazon has made great strides with me after years of abuse my several men but his trust only goes so far. He's been with me for almost 7 years and, while he realizes that I'm not the same thing he came from, he's not unpacked everything from his past. It's sad when I think about it because he's very social/pleasant. I don't understand how anyone could beat/mistreat him the way former owners did.

Poor bird! I can't imagine what he went through. People that mistreat animals should be punished the same way they treated the animals and then some!

He's very lucky to have you now :)