PDA

View Full Version : Two of our lovebirds flew off...because of my parents' negligence.

akp124
07-06-2014, 11:42 AM
We were celebrating the 4th of July by grilling outside. My mother decided to put both bird cages (4 birds total) near the door of the house so they could feel the little breeze outside. My dad decided to put them outside and went back in. When I found out, I told them to bring them back and started to do so, but my dad stopped me and said no, they need to feel the fresh air. I told them fine, but they had to be careful because they are known to escape the cages, but I would rather they just be right inside the door. I go to my room for a couple of minutes and hear my mom scream. My dad had forgotten about the birds and a cat walked up to them and tipped over one of the cages, the birds were now on a tree near our garage. We stood there for about 3 hours, trying to get them down, but they would have none of it.

Our neighborhood started the fireworks, and I guess it scared our birds off, and we haven't heard or seen them since. I doubt we will get them back, but just in case, we have two cages outside, on on our front porch and one in our backyard with food and water for them. And we try to whistle to them when we can, again, no response. They always went crazy when we whistled to them.

And that **** cat is patrolling our house, looking into our windows, staring at our other birds, and they are scared. We have moved them away from the window so the cat doesn't see them, but it's still around. My mother is going to go get some cat repellent later today so it doesn't come back.

So with that, goodbye Abelina and Mari. You two were great. You bit and were hot headed, but you always gave me kisses and no one else. It's sad not waking up to your squawking at 8am (our other birds don't make much noise AT ALL). I hope you come back safe and sound. But if not, I hope you live a wonderful life out there and don't get into trouble.

PS: This is Abelina's second round outside. The first time she came back the next day.