PDA

View Full Version : 10 week old parent raised lovebird still not weaned??

Josiemv
07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Hey everyone! 2 or 3 days ago I separated baby lovebirds that are 9 weeks old from their mom. I let them skip a day with her completely. They have only been eating millet even though in the main cage theyd eat more. The eldest baby get all fluffed up. So once a day I put her with mom ane she begs for food and mom feeds her. She is 10 weeks old and still doing this. After I take her out and no more feedings for the day unless she wants to nibble on millet. Am I doing the right thing? She begs and begs when I put her with mom. Should I be worried? I'm scared if I don't put them in with her at least once a day that theyll starve. How normal is this? Please tell me what I should be doing!

linda040899
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I won't say that this is normal but each baby is different and these 2 have only been raised by mom which could be what is behind their lack of confidence in their own abilities. Dad is normally the teacher when it comes to eating. If putting them back with mom twice a day is what's needed, then that's what I would do.