PDA

View Full Version : The latest

LauraO
11-01-2005, 11:09 AM
and last addition to our flock will arrive at our home next Tuesday and it is NOT a lovebird. After much thought and tons of trips to the local petstore we decided to bring home Mijo, a three year old.................................AFRICAN GREY :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Mijo and several other birds were sold to the petstore because the owners were relocating. This was some four or five months ago and all three are still there.

I met Mijo several months ago and we hit it off. He is not cuddly but he is sweet and intellectual and meant to be part of our family. I had never thought we would have an African Grey but Mijo ROCKS and I am getting more and more excited as the hours go by. I have already planned to go visit him today and will have treats to feed him. I'm not bringing him home until Tuesday after his well bird check at the vet. This will also give me time to continue to visit him so he's familiar with me and won't be so stressed when he comes home.

ANyway, thought I'd share the great news :D :D

linda040899
11-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Congrats, Laura!
Very good decision! Now before Lori asks, pics please.......... :lol Gotta see this feathered "heart thief!"

Elle
11-01-2005, 11:29 AM
I am absolutely jealous!

Congratulation on your new addition. Are you planning on adopting the two remaining? It would be nice to keep them all together. ( just trying to justify the call of the dark side). How heart breaking it would be to leave two behind when they've been together for so long. :(

Lori
11-01-2005, 11:42 AM
An African Grey is what I want someday. When the money is a little more available. Congrats, I'm jealous. I know you'll enjoy him. :grouphug1

butterfly1061
11-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Laura,

Congrats!! How exciting and what a wonderful choice too! Can't wait to see pictures. I think we need a video section so we can hear these talking birds, whatda think? :D

Angelwing
11-01-2005, 12:15 PM
I think that's a splendid idea. :cool:

And congrats on the new addition. I'll bet your excited. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures.

Z28Taxman
11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
I love Greys. I'm sure he'll be one happy bird.

Now I want one too!

Keltoth
11-01-2005, 07:49 PM
WOW - I am very excited for you! Like Linda, I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the big guy! :)

linda040899
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Now I want one too!
Dave,
I you got one of everything you want, there would be no room for you at your place!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Z28Taxman
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Dave,
I you got one of everything you want, there would be no room for you at your place!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's the truth. Oh well, there's room for a tent in the driveway. :rofl:

BarbieH
11-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Good deal. 8) Congrats Laura! :):):)

Janie
11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Laura, I'm SO happy and exited for you all! It's a "meant to be" story! :D Can't wait to see photos and hear stories about life with your new boy!