PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Has A Friend

BarbieH
11-02-2005, 12:26 PM
It's Barney, the shy one! :):):) I actually saw Sam trying to feed Barney this morning, and when they come out together, Sam goes right up to Barney without hesitation ... and Barney doesn't run away!

Mind you, they might turn into friends with priviledges, if you know what I mean. But that's okay. Not a whole lot we could do to stop it, and it's more important for Sam to develop into his true birdy self, instead of just being bonded to me.

Yippee!! :happy:

mjm8321
11-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Good news! It's great when they realize that they are actually a bird and not a tiny feathered human. :lol

Janie
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Barb, I always thought that I'd only want a bird that would connect to me....till Big Boi and Shy arrived! I love that they love each other much more than me! I always feel so bad leaving Oliver or putting him in a locked cage but the other two are happy anywhere, long as they have each other! :) In the future, I'll always go for a "twosome!"

Glad to hear that Sammy and Barney might become an item! :)

LauraO
11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
It's great to hear Sammy has a friend. What a perfect combo. One little shy thing and one who loves to ham it up :rofl: .

butterfly1061
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
How sweet! Little Sammy has a "best" friend ;) Everybody needs a firend like that, huh?

BarbieH
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm just so glad he is learning to socialize with other birds. :happy: He used to look at them as if he didn't know what they were. Sam is very brave with people, but very cautious with birds.

Z28Taxman
11-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Good news! It's great when they realize that they are actually a bird and not a tiny feathered human. :lol

I always say that about Ditto (that he thinks he's a tiny feathered human). Heck he just figured out he can fly more than 3 feet in a straight line a few weeks ago. He's been fully flighted for a year. :eek: His latest trick is hovering over my hand before he lands. :cool: