PDA

View Full Version : air purifier

peteandtilly
01-20-2015, 08:28 PM
I know I have asked this before, but what does everyone think??
Bio GS 2.0 Ultra Quiet Air Purifier vs heaven fresh air purifiers or your choice on an air purifier, i have and a cag, dyh, senegal, quaker, 18 lovies, 2 cats , 1 dog and COPD lol , iam 3 weeks on my quite smoking and i am going to get a bonus at work that is going go towards an air purifier, I am the absolute worst decision maker, so i need help, also i am in canada so need shipping outside the states

Iosevus
01-20-2015, 11:32 PM
I would get one of the Heaven Fresh purifiers with a UV light since it doesn't seem the Bios GS has one.

linda040899
01-21-2015, 08:08 AM
My late husband had COPD and I found that whatever air purifier you get plus Pink Salt lamps will help your breathing immensely. If you happen to have central air conditioning, there are AC filters that are MERV11 which eliminate a LOT of bird dust and allergens.

peteandtilly
01-21-2015, 05:57 PM
i have never heard of a pink salt lamp before???

peteandtilly
01-21-2015, 06:59 PM
would this be ok??

The NaturoPure HF 380A offers 7 leading technologies covering virtually every pollutant ….Ionizer (with relatively no ozone), HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter, Photocatalytic oxidation filter, Germicidal UV lamp, Dust collection grid and Washable pre-filter.With a powerful,quiet fan the purifier covers 650 ft².(60m²)

linda040899
01-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Sounds like it would help. Have you done a search for reviews on it? Look up The Salt Lady and check out her website. I get a lot of my pink salt products from her.

peteandtilly
01-22-2015, 09:13 PM
well I ordered the heaven fresh 380a air purifier and a pink salt lamp.........

linda040899
01-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Love those Pink Salt Lamps! I have them in every room in my home and I swear by them! I use dark red ones in my bedrooms so they light doesn't bother anyone while they sleep but they also make nice night lights at night after all the lights are turned off. If you feel them once they've been on for a while, the salt will feel warm to the touch and it's supposed to. Make a note of the wattage of the bulb inside so you can order replacements if you need them.

Let us know how the air purifier works. I may make a change in my own. :)

peteandtilly
01-23-2015, 04:36 PM
i am such a worrier, i drive myself crazy, this air purifier has a ionizer in it, which worries me, but i have researched it and what i seam to have found it is , it is not the ionizer that is bad for birds it is the ozone output.........sigh ......birds are so complicated.
Ozone Output: Less than 1 part per billion at 2" away from unit (UL standard is <50ppb) on the heaven fresh air purifier,
any one else know anything about this??

Iosevus
01-23-2015, 07:01 PM
Ozone can be bad for any living creature but it exists naturally (and unnaturally) in our atmosphere at all layers. Since there are health standards for Ozone, the chances that an ionizer on the market would be enough to cause issues is low. Most issues are from people at high risk with certain breathing problems who work outdoors during the summer time.
I wouldn't think it would be an issue unless your area is already high in ozone.

peteandtilly
01-23-2015, 07:50 PM
It is probably find but I know I will worry, I think I am going to return this one and get one without an ionizer on it, pure hepa, there are so many conflicting reviews my head is spinning.:omg: