PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been here much lately........

Pips mom
06-25-2015, 11:17 AM
I have been SO extremely busy these days! Between work, all the overtime, and other life changes..........just wanted to say that my birds are all doing great! and so far this year there hasn't been any signs of Pip's yearly infection! I try hard with Pip.....he has his own air purifier and I have to keep him inside until all the blooming stuff is over! He did have to go out though, I boarded him and Ivy at a bird center while away on vacation to Maine for 4 days.
I sure do miss this place! It's so hard to find the time though, I get online and it ends up taking more time than I want! Everybirdy here is well, and my pionus Ivy, she has had feather issues now for a couple of years on her head. Pretty much all of her head feathers were gone, and just grey fuzz for a head! She went from being my beautiful bluehead, to a greyhead! I've noticed the feathers growing back before, but never for long! They are finally growing back! Looks like I'm going to get my bluehead girl back! and I'm pretty happy about that! Although she is healthy, and I got used to having a "greyhead"! I would look back at photos of her beautiful blue head and think........wow, what a difference now :( As each week passes now, the feathers are really filling in! AND Pip has no infection, which usually happens by the end of June.......after that, we are usually in the clear! So far since I've had Pip (7 years now!) he's had this infection every summer but one! June is almost gone! so I'm a happy bird mom right now!

Maxie
06-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Great to hear you are all doing well :)

linda040899
06-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Hi Kim,
I'm glad to see you come back here even occasionally. I really miss hearing about Pip's antics but sometimes there just isn't time to do everything we would like to do.

Glad that Ivy is getting her pretty blue head feathering back! Ivy is a real character, too!!! :lol