PDA

View Full Version : Help training please! what is my next step?

rosalvarez.gt
10-19-2015, 11:08 PM
Hi Everyone!
I have a 5 month old peach faced lovebird (Luna). She/He is very sweet and calm. She is new to me for a month now I have been trying to get her to trust me and start traning. Since the beginning I have always let her/him out of the cage and around my room for about 2 to 3 hours. I've done everything to gain her trust and I finally got her to eat out of my hand and step up in exchange for a treat!!! This is a big step for us. Now I am wondering what the next step is??? She will never come to me unless I have a treat for her/him. And quickly resorts to nibbling when I run out. I usually put her/him back in the cage if this happens to discourage it but it persists. Luna also demands attention I think because when I am sitting on my bed she sometimes starts flying towards me but directly to my face, I'm not sure if this is agressive or not? She is definitely not trying to land on my head like many lovebirds love to do, she is going directly to my face at a high speed and then turns off at the last second. What is this behaviour? And what should I work on next now that she eats out of my hand?

THank you so much in advance for any advice ! :)

-Rosa:confused: