PDA

View Full Version : Reintroducing my birds

Krysmo
11-09-2015, 11:55 AM
So more advice needed please.

I had to separate my lovies a couple of months ago, as Krypton was attacking Cosmo's feet and neck. They have separate cages next to each other. I know love birds can be very terrortorial about their cages. But I was wondering, could I let the, fly outside their cages together? I let them out separately, and they always spend a lot of time on and around each other's cages... Would it be safe to let them out together? Or should I keep them flying separately? They will even have some sneaky food from each other's cages too, and they don't seem to mind!

linda040899
11-09-2015, 02:32 PM
All you can do is try and watch what happens. Many times, the scenario is different when there's no cage territory to defend. Cage = home, although I have parrots that have designated and entire room as "home." That's the exception rather than the rule..... :)

Krysmo
11-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Ok thanks! That's what I was thinking. Might try them at the weekend when I'm home all day! I hope they'll be fine, I think they will. Would just be nice if I could let them out to play together 😊 I'll let you know how it goes!

Krysmo
11-13-2015, 04:58 AM
So my boys have been out their cages for about half an hour... So far they're playing nice! Yay! I'm so happy! Lets hope it stays this way!!

linda040899
11-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Glad to hear that they so well outside of their cages! Chances are it's a cage territorial problem when they are together in one place. :)

Krysmo
11-18-2015, 08:40 AM
They are still having a bit of a fight every now and then she out of their cage, but at least there's more room for the to get away from each other. They do seem to have fun together, though 😊

linda040899
11-18-2015, 09:24 AM
As long as you are keeping an eye on them and are able to break up any serious squabble, it sounds like they are doing fine. The ability to leave a confrontation is the difference between captive and wild parrots. The beak is not a weapon for parrots in the wild. When they feel threatened, they simply leave. When there's no exit is when problems happen.

Enjoy them! Sounds like they like each other, even though they disagree on occasion. :)