PDA

View Full Version : cage floor

Poppy'n'Peach
01-18-2016, 05:39 PM
Do lovebirds ever go near the floor? I've had mine for three weeks now and they've rarely gone below the half-way-down mark in the cage! I put a perch low down but they haven't used it since I moved it down there. Is this because they're still a bit unsettled, or is this just how they are? I was going to put some food and toys down there, but there doesn't seem much point if it's "off-limits"!

sarahbella
01-21-2016, 04:12 PM
I am also new to lovebird care but mine rarely go to the floor. The cage I have for them has the food doors low and so they have their food lower. they climb down the cage to the food then climb right back up with no interest of staying lower.
I ma end up moving the food...but I do like that it is easy access and for now they are eating with no issue.

From what I have read, if they go to the floor and stay there, it can be cause for concern.:)

Z28Taxman
01-21-2016, 05:08 PM
they don't normally go to the floor. The only time Ditto goes down there is to chase a piece of food that he threw there or to play peek-a-boo with me when I'm laying on the couch. I can't see him on the bottom then and he will stand up tall, look at me, move to another spot and do it again! :happy: