PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed, please

dmj64
03-17-2016, 06:27 PM
Hi, everyone

Sweety is a lone birdy. She is happy because she is bonded to me, but I cannot give her the kind of "companionship" she needs (you know what I mean :whistle:).

I've been thinking about getting her a buddy (I've found a breeder nearby), but I don't know how she will react, especially if the bird is not tamed. Its been years since she's seen another bird. I also understand that the sex of the new bird could be an issue, and the difficulty of gender determination (short of dna or known breeding ability).

Much appreciate any advice. Thanks

linda040899
03-18-2016, 10:01 AM
If Sweety is tightly bonded to you, she may very well reject a male companion. Some lovebirds are completely content having a human companion and that's all they want. While you may think you cannot provide everything she needs, you may need to look at things from her perspective.

redguapo1
04-14-2016, 02:49 PM
DM, hi its me Michael. I've had this issue before. I've found that if you are able to bring the new one in and put it in a separate cage rhisbcan help. Pit them in separate Cages and allow them to see each other for at least two weeks. You can take them out regularly and see how they interact with one another. This helps a lot
:blush: