PDA

View Full Version : Petsmart is worthless.

Z28Taxman
07-16-2016, 08:28 AM
I had stopped going to petsmart years ago because they hardly ever had the nutriberries Ditto liked.

Well now they're officially worthless. They have no bird food at all! Not even millet (which is what I went for). How can you sell birds and not any food for them?>:

mstomcat65
07-16-2016, 10:58 AM
The petsmart near us has gone down hill also on their pet foods/treats. Lots of foods for the finches and parkakeets (probably because that's basically the birds they sell) but not much for the bigger birds. The toys are cheap looking/built but high priced. They quit selling the lovebirds avi cakes for a bit. I got a reduced price on nutriberries instead at the time but i was really frusterated. My hubby when to get some avi cakes for gizmo and ended up getting some for lacey (lovebird) too. Apparently they decided to restock them? lol The don't have the variety they used to also. The only petshops in town here are petsmart, petco and walmart. I think i may need to do more of my pet ordering online.

Z28Taxman
07-16-2016, 11:22 AM
This one now has no bird food at all that I could find. They sell finches and budgies but no food for them. And barely any toys.

I ordered all of Dittos stuff online for the last few years and that will obviously continue. That Pet Place will get my business and since they're only 25 miles away I usually get the stuff in a day or two for the price of regular shipping. :happy:

mstomcat65
07-16-2016, 12:00 PM
yeah it stinks they don't have bird food. I have bought from dr fosters and smith in the past when they have good sales and low or no shipping. I tend to stock up of the avicakes and nutriberries :)

Z28Taxman
07-16-2016, 12:34 PM
yeah it stinks they don't have bird food. I have bought from dr fosters and smith in the past when they have good sales and low or no shipping. I tend to stock up of the avicakes and nutriberries :)

Doctors foster and smith are my backup plan in case That pet place doesn't have something. I just ordered some popcorn nutriberries from them today.

mstomcat65
07-16-2016, 03:02 PM
I like fosters and smith because the food i get seems fresher.... softer, not brick hard like in the local pet stores. I bought some nutriberries for lacey once... she picks the bits off the popcorn and leaves the popcorn itself, lol. As for gizmo they are just to much work to pick at the tiny seeds and basically the popcorn part is worthless to him too lol, also the fact they are for a lovebird not a macaw probably has something to do with that. :rofl: I'll go back to the regular fruit ones after these are gone :)

linda040899
07-17-2016, 02:02 PM
I have a couple of feed supply stores near me that sell parrot food, but no toys. Finding Zupreem Embrace Hand Feeding formula for Chewy when I first got him was almost mission impossible!!! Kaytee Exact is the only one I find locally and I refuse to use anything Kaytee! Our Petsmart has limited bird food but nothing I would feed any of my flock.

Z28Taxman
07-17-2016, 03:12 PM
I have a couple of feed supply stores near me that sell parrot food, but no toys. Finding Zupreem Embrace Hand Feeding formula for Chewy when I first got him was almost mission impossible!!! Kaytee Exact is the only one I find locally and I refuse to use anything Kaytee! Our Petsmart has limited bird food but nothing I would feed any of my flock.

The only thing I ever bought there was avi-cakes and nutriberries. But that pet place is the same price even with shipping.

Maxie
07-21-2016, 07:44 AM
I agree. Petsmart was sold and has gone downhill since. Prices have gone up if you can actually find Avicakes and nutriberries that I usually go there for. Their shelves are usually empty of bird stuff now.