PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Matthew

linda040899
10-05-2016, 11:01 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with all who have been affected by this very powerful storm! To all those potentially in the path of Matthew, be careful and do what you need to do to stay safe. I live on the West Coast of FL and, so far, I'm just outside the cone area of the storm. However, if the track shifts more to the west, I will be thankful that I've done preparations, just in case.

Maxie
10-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Stay safe Linda! I remember being in Clearwater beach ( used to go almost every summer) when hurricane Andrew hit. Although it hit hard on the east coast, it got really nasty on the west coast too! So, batten down the hatches and stay indoors!

linda040899
10-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Will definitely try to do just that! The area where I live is one of the few in FL that is still under storm watch. If Matthew changes course to the west just a little bit, I'll be in trouble but I'm about as prepared as I can be. I can even evacuate my lanai aviary if necessary! I had to do that several times back in 2004 when those 3 back to back storms went through FL. Wind is what's worrisome to me. I'm far enough inland and high enough where storm surge won't impact me.

Hopefully, others from this community will also be careful and safe. My prayers are being said for all in the path of this storm.