PDA

View Full Version : DJ's got most of his flight feathers back1

Z28Taxman
10-17-2016, 05:25 PM
And the colors are stunning. Dark grey with a green glow on the leading edges.

He's been doing flapping exersizes and he managed to do the same thing Ditto did when he was young. He was standing on his ladder and flapping and managed to pick it up and unhook it from the cage.

The other two have most of theirs back too. They love their large cage, they fly all over the place.

linda040899
10-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Opaline is an absolutely stunning Peachfaced Lovebird mutation, especially Orangefaced! DJ is a single dark factor but since the color of the rump feathering matches the color of the feathering on the back, the only way to see the dark factor is by comparison. Once you've seen it enough, you just "know" is about the only way I can describe it. :)

Happy, happy, happy lovies!!!

Z28Taxman
10-18-2016, 08:58 AM
Opaline is an absolutely stunning Peachfaced Lovebird mutation, especially Orangefaced! DJ is a single dark factor but since the color of the rump feathering matches the color of the feathering on the back, the only way to see the dark factor is by comparison. Once you've seen it enough, you just "know" is about the only way I can describe it. :)

Happy, happy, happy lovies!!!

If they get any happier I won't be able to stand them! :rofl:

DJ's got some pin feathers on his head so he's been using his branch for scratching. He's also discovered that going onto the happy hut and standing up so his head his pressed into the top, he can scratch his whole head at once. That was one of Ditto's tricks too.

Maxie
10-19-2016, 02:14 PM
I'd love to see pics of your new babies. ❤️

Z28Taxman
10-19-2016, 05:07 PM
I'd love to see pics of your new babies. ❤️

here they are! https://goo.gl/photos/qnkSc9KXMRTt39Fv9

DJ seems to have taught the O's how to make soup with nutriberries. For the first time since they've been here there was a nutriberry in their water dish when I got home.

Maxie
10-19-2016, 05:52 PM
here they are! https://goo.gl/photos/qnkSc9KXMRTt39Fv9

DJ seems to have taught the O's how to make soup with nutriberries. For the first time since they've been here there was a nutriberry in their water dish when I got home.

They are soooo cute! Do you let them out of the cage much? I love the big supply of food! No shortage of nutriberries and treats at Z28s house!

Z28Taxman
10-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Opie and Otis have no desire to come out. I've left the door open for them and they just stay in.

DJ has been out but usually requires some time. He usually just runs out onto his balcony until the other 2 see him and start chirping the escape alarm then he goes back in. When they stop he comes back out. if they don't chirp he chirps at them then goes back in. :rofl:

Maxie
10-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Opie and Otis have no desire to come out. I've left the door open for them and they just stay in.

DJ has been out but usually requires some time. He usually just runs out onto his balcony until the other 2 see him and start chirping the escape alarm then he goes back in. When they stop he comes back out. if they don't chirp he chirps at them then goes back in. :rofl:

😂😂that's so adorable! How does it feel having three vs one?

Z28Taxman
10-19-2016, 06:36 PM
😂😂that's so adorable! How does it feel having three vs one?

Much Louder! :rofl::rofl:

Maxie
10-20-2016, 07:50 AM
much louder! :rofl::rofl:

lol 😂😂

linda040899
10-20-2016, 08:59 AM
With lovebirds, one is noise. Two is louder but after 2 noise level is the same. :) If I want complete silence at my house, all I have to do after sunset is turn off all the lights! It's so quiet that you could hear a pin drop anywhere in the house! My parrots are at their noisiest when a stranger comes to visit! Everyone sounds the alarm and there's no doubt that they feel something is very wrong.......

linda040899
10-20-2016, 09:00 AM
DJ's adult feathering is absolutely stunning!

Z28Taxman
10-20-2016, 09:09 AM
With lovebirds, one is noise. Two is louder but after 2 noise level is the same. :) If I want complete silence at my house, all I have to do after sunset is turn off all the lights! It's so quiet that you could hear a pin drop anywhere in the house! My parrots are at their noisiest when a stranger comes to visit! Everyone sounds the alarm and there's no doubt that they feel something is very wrong.......

In my house it gets loudest when a bug flies in the room. They hate flying critters that don't wear feathers.

Turn off the lights after sunset and the beak grinding begins! :)

What's amazing is that all three have different voices and I can tell who is who even when all tree are going. they all seem to choose a different chirp or screech so I can tell them apart