PDA

View Full Version : Combo TV stand birdie playgym

bird-brain
12-18-2016, 09:46 PM
Okay so the tea/coffee staining went very red so I sanded it down and it ended up being about the same color as the wall which is okay I guess. There are still some modifications to make but they are having a ball with their new play area. I'm so glad I did this. It's quite the space saver. I also cut down my bird tree and converted it to a table top size perfect to sit on top of Remy's cage. But here's a photo of the TV stand.

http://i878.photobucket.com/albums/ab342/JamieBaughman/IMG_2289_zps1u2rvlgd.jpg (http://s878.photobucket.com/user/JamieBaughman/media/IMG_2289_zps1u2rvlgd.jpg.html)

mstomcat65
12-19-2016, 06:52 AM
That is a great idea! This is why I join bird forums, so many great ideas that I probably wouldn't have come up with on my own :)

linda040899
12-19-2016, 08:22 AM
That is SSOOOOO cool!!! Very creative and looks like your birds just love it! :)

bird-brain
12-19-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks y'all. I actually looked around for one of these and did not get a single hit on the search. I was surprised no one had one for sale. I'm really proud of myself for making it work. I even made their little suspension bridge out of tiny pieces of scrap. :happy:

Obviously I need some better organization on the lower shelf. My son's equipment generates a lot of heat and shouldn't be closed in too tightly and honestly I was out of scrap wood:rotfl. I guess the real beauty was that we built it for free. :). It's a little bulkier than I wanted aesthetically but it needed to be sturdy with no wobbles. My favorite part is that the top just pops right off with a little shove with the heal of you hand if I need to repair something or move the piece somewhere.

This is actually something that could be done very easily as an add on to most all wooden TV stands. It's funny when the hang their heads over the side and watch tv! I am going to hang a short boing above it and I need one more ladder from the taller perch because there really isn't room for Skyy to fly to the floor of the gym. The floor is covered with a textured eco plastic that I found that was cut to fit and glued down. The shavings may or may not be replaced after they kick them all over the floor :omg: Remy loves foraging through them for Skyy's dropped nutriberry pieces.

One immediate benefit has been that with two play areas of roughly the same height, we have kind of truce among Remy and everyone else. Both areas offer something different and I place different types of snacks so it keeps them distracted. :happy: