PDA

View Full Version : DJ is out of his cage and having a blast.

Z28Taxman
03-10-2018, 03:35 PM
He hung out on his balcony for a bit while I made his dinner and eventually went to visit the O's.

Otis wasn't thrilled about him standing on top of the cage and after Otis tried to bite his toes a few times DJ decided to check out the living room. He's camped out (and dancing around) on my center speaker of my surround system where nobody (including me) can reach him and looking around and chatting away.

The O's can't see him so they're screaming back and forth. Anybody got earplugs? :rotfl

linda040899
03-11-2018, 11:01 AM
Sounds like DJ finally wants to see more of where he lives! Good deal, DJ!!!!

The O's can't see him so they're screaming back and forth. Anybody got earplugs? :rotfl
I can lend you a Macaw!!!!!!:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Z28Taxman
03-11-2018, 12:19 PM
I can lend you a Macaw!!!!!!:whistle::whistle::whistle:

I don't need them learning to sound like a macaw. The cardinal they've picked up is bad enough!:omg:

Z28Taxman
03-11-2018, 02:59 PM
While cleaning cages today, I see that DJ has moulted 4 flight feathers this week. He proved the new ones grew in fast and work well.

linda040899
03-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Many people are under the misconception that if flights are clipped and the bird cannot fly well inside, outside would be the same way. The fact that that's not true is usually a lesson learned the hard way!

I know you are anal about keeping them safe so the comment is just for educational purposes for anyone who may not realize that.

Z28Taxman
03-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Yep. I had no doubt he'd fly quite well. Even with the wing clip he had when you sent him to me he could fly nicely. he just couldn't fly up to the surround speakers which are 8 feet from the floor. He has no trouble reaching them now. :rotfl

linda040899
03-12-2018, 03:35 PM
A proper wing clip will allow horizontal flight, just not upwards. I think I only trimmed 5 feathers, may be 6, on each wing, too. With me, the object is always safety. All of my flock are fully flighted at the moment. I have safety precautions in place and I always try to be aware of where everyone is before I open any door.

I'm sure DJ is enjoying is flight ability! :happy::happy::happy:

Z28Taxman
03-12-2018, 04:56 PM
A proper wing clip will allow horizontal flight, just not upwards. I think I only trimmed 5 feathers, may be 6, on each wing, too. With me, the object is always safety. All of my flock are fully flighted at the moment. I have safety precautions in place and I always try to be aware of where everyone is before I open any door.

I'm sure DJ is enjoying is flight ability! :happy::happy::happy:

He didn't fly around as much as I thought he would. He would just land on a speaker and dance around. then fly to another and do it again. He finally settled on the one next to the couch where my feet were and played peek-a-boo. He'd step back so I couldn't see hem then pop his head foreward so I could.

Then once he got tired of that he went back to the top of his cage for a bit until the O's called out to him and he went onto their cage again. At that point I managed to pick him up and put him back in his own cage to preserve his toes. He was hungry anyway since he'd be out for an hour and a half and needed his veggies.:happy:

mstomcat65
03-20-2018, 03:18 PM
He hung out on his balcony for a bit while I made his dinner and eventually went to visit the O's.

Otis wasn't thrilled about him standing on top of the cage and after Otis tried to bite his toes a few times DJ decided to check out the living room. He's camped out (and dancing around) on my center speaker of my surround system where nobody (including me) can reach him and looking around and chatting away.

I know that scream! lacey does it when she sees the red moving dolly in the closet, you'd think she's seen a zombie lol