PDA

View Full Version : Are they Lovies or squirrels?

Z28Taxman
09-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Winter is coming and all three of the loves have decided to start stashing bits of carrot all over the place. The O's are stashing carrots in their coconut and in with the nutriberries and DJ is putting them in the seed bowl and nutriberry bowl. They don't want to run out of carrots I guess. :rofl:

Z28Taxman
09-26-2018, 05:11 PM
And DJ likes peanuts. Somehow there was a whole small peanut in the seed mix this time. I first gave it to the O's but they just buried it. So last night I put it in DJ's nutriberry bowl. I came home today and the peanut shell was on the floor of the cage (empty) and there was a half eaten half of peanut in the bowl. :happy:

linda040899
09-27-2018, 10:48 AM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I get something similar, only the stash goes into the coconut shell swings of those that have them!!!!! Since I add parrot mix to my Tiel mix, I sometimes miss a small peanut. Of course, that kind of "treat" is not to be ignored! Walnut pieces have become a favorite!

Z28Taxman
09-27-2018, 10:55 AM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl I get something similar, only the stash goes into the coconut shell swings of those that have them!!!!! Since I add parrot mix to my Tiel mix, I sometimes miss a small peanut. Of course, that kind of "treat" is not to be ignored! Walnut pieces have become a favorite!

The O's stash in the coconut swing too. They've always done that. Stashing in the nutriberries is new.

I didn't expect them to eat the peanut (and the O's didn't). But DJ didn't waste time. He chewed open the end of the shell just enough to get the peanut out and tossed the shell to the floor.