PDA

View Full Version : Hurrican Michael

linda040899
10-10-2018, 02:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with those who live in the FL Panhandle. Hurricane Michael is at least as strong as Andrew back in the 90s and I saw the damage Andrew did first hand. Not pretty! I'm inland in the Tampa Bay area and we got showers from rain bands but my immediate area is fine. Along the coast, storm surge is causing flooding but nothing really major at this time.

Just wanted to update everyone.

Z28Taxman
10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
The panhandle looks like mess! Hopefully most people listened and went somewhere safe.

At least it's moving fast. It'll be south of me by tomorrow and out to sea Friday.

linda040899
10-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately, there were those who didn't take the evacuation orders as seriously as they should have. Michael surpassed Andrew in power and intensity and the Panhandle is a mess! I remember what Homestead looked like after Andrew and it's not a sight I will ever forget. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is worth risking my life for when material things can be replaced. Lose my life and it's all over. Recovery will take a very long time. My thoughts and prayers are with those who experienced Michael.

droppy
10-12-2018, 01:31 PM
I hope that everyone is ok. I heard today that hurricane Michael is going now to Europe...