PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime is not to be missed.

Z28Taxman
03-03-2019, 07:49 AM
I went to a hockey game last night and got home at 10:15, 45 minutes past bedtime. I could hear the screaming from half a block away.

They kept it up until I got in the house and turned the lights off and covered DJ's cage.

Ditto would just turn his back and snub me for a bit.

Hey, slave!
It's bedtime and you are not here to tuck us in!!! Being late is not in your slave contract and we want you to know it!! I get the same thing at my place so I turn off lights and set things up for bedtime for everyone if I know I will be out past sundown! :lol

linda040899
03-04-2019, 08:17 AM
I went to a hockey game last night and got home at 10:15, 45 minutes past bedtime. I could hear the screaming from half a block away.

They kept it up until I got in the house and turned the lights off and covered DJ's cage.

Hey, slave!
It's bedtime and you are not here to tuck us in!!! Being late is not in your slave contract and we want you to know it!! I get the same thing at my place so I turn off lights and set things up for bedtime for everyone if I know I will be out past sundown! :lol
Hey, slave! Staying out past our bedtime is not in your contract!! It's in the fine print!! I've learned to turn off lights and set things up for bedtime for my flock if I know I will be out past sunset!! :lol

Z28Taxman
03-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Hey, slave! Staying out past our bedtime is not in your contract!! It's in the fine print!! I've learned to turn off lights and set things up for bedtime for my flock if I know I will be out past sunset!! :lol

I left the ceiling fan light on so it wasn't dark when I came home and I had to reach in to the O's cage to remove the veggie bowl. Otis wouldn't like me reaching in there in the dark.

Fortunately I don't stay out often.

linda040899
03-05-2019, 08:22 AM
I left the ceiling fan light on so it wasn't dark when I came home and I had to reach in to the O's cage to remove the veggie bowl. Otis wouldn't like me reaching in there in the dark.

Fortunately I don't stay out often.
Amazing what we do for our fids! Everything has to be just right for them so we can do things that we don't normally do! I think I may have found a parrot sitter who is capable of taking care of my parrots should I want to take more than a day trip! Now that I have everyone arranged in somewhat of a manageable order, things are much easier!!

Z28Taxman
03-05-2019, 08:51 AM
Amazing what we do for our fids! Everything has to be just right for them so we can do things that we don't normally do! I think I may have found a parrot sitter who is capable of taking care of my parrots should I want to take more than a day trip! Now that I have everyone arranged in somewhat of a manageable order, things are much easier!!

BIrd sitting at your house would be a full time job.

linda040899
03-07-2019, 08:51 AM
BIrd sitting at your house would be a full time job.
I won't deny that statement!! However, there aren't as many now as there were. Losing my lovebirds to old age is not easy, as many came from my own flock. I have a pair of older Lutinos and I'm sure they have to be at least 18 yrs old! One of them is having trouble navigating around the cage so I've added food/water dishes in various places just to make sure that both are available at any given time.

Z28Taxman
03-07-2019, 08:55 AM
I won't deny that statement!! However, there aren't as many now as there were. Losing my lovebirds to old age is not easy, as many came from my own flock. I have a pair of older Lutinos and I'm sure they have to be at least 18 yrs old! One of them is having trouble navigating around the cage so I've added food/water dishes in various places just to make sure that both are available at any given time.

An aging flock can't be easy. BUt I like hearing about all the 18+ year old ones you have since that's where mine came from.

linda040899
03-07-2019, 02:27 PM
An aging flock can't be easy. BUt I like hearing about all the 18+ year old ones you have since that's where mine came from.
Long lived parrots, in general, is directly attributable to the care they receive. Understanding how to care for them means education and paying attention to them, watching for any kind of changes whatsoever. I would rather pay for a vet visit and find nothing wrong than do nothing and have an emergency on my hands. My most closely watched lovebird right now is Echo, my oldest male Abby. He's at least 15 and past the age of any other Abby I've ever had. I can see his age slowing him down so I modify his cage to fit his needs. Every night, I make sure he's on his perch for sleeping and he's the first one I check in the morning.

droppy
03-10-2019, 04:53 AM

Hey, slave!

Haha, they are so cute. Ours are doing the same. If is 22:00 and we are watching TV, they are start chirping until we close the tv and turn off the light.

We bought smart lights at home and we scheduled the lights to turn on (during the winter) and to turn off when we are not home or when we come late. We also mounted a web camera to keep a watch on them remotely.

linda040899
03-14-2019, 07:48 AM
Parrots are so much creatures of habit, aren't they!!! If I go out before it gets dark, I turn off all the lights so it will get dark in their areas naturally and everyone will be happy!!

Z28Taxman
03-14-2019, 09:56 AM
Parrots are so much creatures of habit, aren't they!!! If I go out before it gets dark, I turn off all the lights so it will get dark in their areas naturally and everyone will be happy!!

I fake sundown. they have their cage lights on the wall behind and slightly above their cages. In the late afternoon I turn on the overhead light in the ceiling fan. then at 9pm I turn off the overhead light so it looks like the sun is going down and they start settling in. At 9:30 the cage lights turn off and everybody goes to bed.

when I went to the hockey game i left the overhead light on. That was not acceptable. I just wanted to make sure they had veggies and I knew that if I reached in to remove them from the O's cage, otis would not have been happy. SO I guess I was destined to lose on that one anyway.

linda040899
03-14-2019, 11:07 AM
Picky, picky, picky little lovies!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: