PDA

View Full Version : We Have a Connection!

Bubblelady
03-26-2019, 10:49 PM
Seven weeks ago I got a 7 month old Fischer's, Oliver. Two and a half weeks ago I got a 3 month old peach face. After trying on several names I have settled on Peep, when one of my students today pointed out he looks like the yellow marshmallow candy. Tonight I let Oliver and Peep out at the same time for the first time. They INSTANTLY started feeding and preening each other, played with the same toy at the same time, and BOTH sat on my chest at the same time while snacking on the same millet spray. This is the first time Oliver has not fled from me in terror. They eventually put themselves to bed. In the same cage. In the same tent. In all my years with birds, this is the first time I have had two birds at the same time who liked each other. And me, too. :happy:

linda040899
03-27-2019, 08:37 AM
First or not, I think this is absolutely fantastic!!!! Peep is an adorable name and seems to fit very well. Guess Oliver feels that if Peep feels comfortable with you, you are OK in his book, too. This sounds like the beginning of a very wonderful relationship for all concerned. I'm very happy to hear this!! :) :)