PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Update on princesse

AlovebirdMom
05-08-2019, 07:06 AM
Morning all.

Just wanted to share that my Princesse is still with me. Next month she will be 17yrs. despite her liver tumor she has made it 1 yrs and 10 months past diagnosis.

She isnt ripping paper anymore which was her favorite pasttime and does sleep alot. But she is alert. She loves sitting in the sun lately and does climb onto the window sill.

https://i.ibb.co/j69Ghxp/sunbabycrop.jpg

Hope all your lovies are doing well.

Ellen

linda040899
05-08-2019, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the great update on Princesse, Ellen!!
17 yrs is a long life for lovebirds! You've taken excellent care of her and there's no telling just how long her lifespan will be. If nothing else, she's happy and that's the most important thing! Please keep us updated. You know we are thinking good thoughts for Princesse!

AlovebirdMom
05-08-2019, 12:11 PM
Thank you Linda. I sure hope she makes it a while longer. Im still missing Paulie (more than she does Im sure). Ive replaced him as her mate although she always alternated between him and me. Paulie was always willing to share her with me.

Hugs to you and your lovies.

Ellen

linda040899
05-08-2019, 01:48 PM
It's amazing how parrots can steal our hearts and not let go......ever! My flock is doing very well in our new home. Everything is more organized and everyone is in one part of the house instead of all over because I didn't have room for everyone in one place at my other house.

Here's praying that Princesse will be with you for a longer period of time. Older lovies, especially over 16, slow down just as you've described. Mine still love sunlight and windows though! That is a very nice picture of Princesse that you shared with us. She's a beautiful lovie!

Z28Taxman
05-08-2019, 05:13 PM
She certainly looks happy!

AlovebirdMom
05-10-2019, 07:23 AM
Yes Dave she does. never more so than when she can be on me.

Ellen

linda040899
05-10-2019, 08:45 AM
Yes Dave she does. never more so than when she can be on me.

Ellen
She has a special bond with you and you are her companion!