PDA

View Full Version : Covid-19

linda040899
04-04-2020, 11:01 AM
I've not seen a lot of this discussed on forums so I thought I would start a thread and share with everyone what I, myself, have been doing. This is NOT an advertisement for any products, just sharing what is working for me.....so far.

Let me say that I'm in the at risk, over 60, population group. To be exact, I'm 72. I started taking care of my health about 4 years ago so I have no underlying health issues. However, that doesn't mean I should not take precautions so that I don't get sick. My flock depends on me for their survival!

I've seen a lot of questions regarding what is safe to use around parrots and I always research my choices. doTERRA has something called On Guard and it's completely safe to use around parrots. They have an essential oil and a cleaner concentrate that I've been using with no ill effects. Main ingredient in both is clove bud and that is parrot safe! I've even put several drops in a diffuser and used it that way. Smells nice and parrots are all doing just fine!

As for myself, I'm using Vit C spead out in 400 mg doses over the day. Apparently, loss of taste and smell are the early indicators so I monitor that, as well as my breathing.

Hope this is helpful. Again, this is based on my own personal experience. Each of us is differrent.

Z28Taxman
04-04-2020, 03:23 PM
I've just been sitting here at this desk at home for the last month. Looks like I'll be working from here for another month. The morning commute is nice though...:rofl:

linda040899
04-04-2020, 03:30 PM
Lucky you! :) I'm in the process of retiring so I've been using up my PTO and doing some work remotely from home. I figure I'll be fine as long as I'm careful about what I do and where I go, if anywhere! Completely stressless commute!

Z28Taxman
04-04-2020, 07:06 PM
My desk is in the same room with the birds so they're probably sick of me by now... :whistle:

Conference calls can be a bit rough. I've had to use my cell phone for those and go to the bedroom. Tough life I tell 'ya.

linda040899
04-05-2020, 10:32 AM
Conference calls can be a bit rough. I've had to use my cell phone for those and go to the bedroom. Tough life I tell 'ya.
Typical parrots! They have to have a say in everything!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Let a phone ring in my house and my macaws suddenly go into noisy mode! We also hide in bedrooms.........

mstomcat65
08-10-2020, 11:10 AM
its been a long time since I've posted on here, i just had to add that I thought I was the o ly one that ran to the bedroom when I need to talk on the phone 🤣🤣

linda040899
08-10-2020, 12:16 PM
its been a long time since I've posted on here, i just had to add that I thought I was the o ly one that ran to the bedroom when I need to talk on the phone 🤣🤣
Nope, nope, nope!! It's their cage/house and they have no problems voicing their opinions! Thank goodness for offices and bedrooms that have doors!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mstomcat65
08-10-2020, 12:17 PM
exactly!! lol

linda040899
08-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Alex, my Blue Front Amazon, has actually learned which doorway leads to my bedroom and she will fly in there looking for me! I have to keep that door closed during the day if she is out of her cage!!

mstomcat65
08-10-2020, 12:32 PM
lol, lacey has an obsession with the bathroom. I think its the mirrors in there but the running water is what she listens for. I have to keep that door closed at all times now because she sure knows when its open.

linda040899
08-10-2020, 12:48 PM
And I have had people tell me that birds aren't smart!! They have never lived with the ones that own us!!! I learned a long time ago that toilet tops are always in a closed position! Took some training with my other half but he learned....... Toilet bowls are NOT used for bathing! Closed doors work quite well.................