PDA

View Full Version : SITTING ON PING PONG BALLS!

DeepLikeNin
11-16-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone, another weird Mercuri activity... She's um, almost 11 months old now. She's always had ping pong balls in her cage and she flips em all over the place, plays "soccer" with them, kicks them. it's really hilarious. but anyway, lately, she's been trying to sit on them. she backs them into a corner, sticks her little butt up in the air and backs into them. Also, she fans her wings out and crouches down. Any ideas? is she wanting to lay eggs?

linda040899
11-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Cerissa,
Time to remove the ping pong balls! Yup, the behavior is indicative that Mercuri is feeling nesty. At age 11 months, this is not something you want to encourage. :)

Sounds like she's enjoyed them but now she wants to play with them in a different manner.

DeepLikeNin
11-16-2005, 12:24 PM
okay, that's what i thought, haha--related question--she was shredding magazines for a long time, but then i noticed there was ink on her beak and she was also doing the regurgitating motions, so i think maybe it was because of the ink--so i've switched to plain notebook paper/white computer paper. is that ok?

linda040899
11-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Notebook paper with no ink is fine. Even non-colored newspaper is OK. Coated colored paper should be avoided (if possible! :lol ). Newsprint is soy ink based. This is not true of magazines, unless something has changed that I don't know about.

DeepLikeNin
11-16-2005, 12:35 PM
:cry: hmmm, is it bad that she had been shredding magazines for so long? might she get sick? I'm such an underinformed mommy. i feel so guilty for not looking into it more. good thing about the newspaper, she loves it a lot.

linda040899
11-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Cerissa,
If Mercuri has not gotten sick by now, chances are she will be fine. We all learn on a daily basis, as there's always something new out there. :)

Buy A Paper Doll
11-16-2005, 06:23 PM
I also have an 11 month old hen that's trying to be nesty. Ever since I found her pinata toy shredded and in a pile in the corner of the cage, I stopped giving her paper or anything else she can shred in her cage. She still finds my bills (and catalogs) when she's out of her cage, though...