PDA

View Full Version : Bird News in Ontario...

kimsbirds
11-19-2005, 07:24 PM
http://www.pulse24.com/News/Strange_But_True/20051118-001/page.asp

Had to share....happy and sad stuff

K

butterfly1061
11-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Poor little duck. I'm glad to read she's free. I saw a picture last week about the stork. His beak looks great! You'd never know the difference. Thanks Kimmie!

Paulette
11-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks Kim.....yet another reminder not to liter. I see people liter almost everyday in MO....we have the adopt a highway here and that in itself seems very dangerous for the volunteers. We also have 1,000.00 fine, but I guess it's not high enough because people are still not very responsible with their trash. I have fervently pounded not litering into my kids....and you'll get a kick out of this....I used to get frustrated with them when I would find all kinds of trash in the bottom of my washer :x ...and after a few times it dawned on me they were doing exactly what I'd told them to do....if you are not near a trash can....put it in your pocket. :D Yes....I'm a little slow sometimes. :rolleyes:

linda040899
11-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Kim,
Thanks for sharing. I had already read about the sparrow and the stork, and it's heartwarming to read about the duck. I've always cut those plastic can holders into pieces that cannot get caught around wildlife but not everyone is so considerate. I was glad to read that the duck is OK! :)

Janie
11-19-2005, 10:40 PM
My cousin told me about cutting the plastic "thingies" several years ago and even my boys listened to that and we always cut 'em up. Thanks for the link, Kim.

Mummieeva
11-20-2005, 12:48 AM
I gave oldest job of cutting them apart if we have them.She is good at it too. Tiny pieces.

Steph