PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Cooking - Be Careful

kimsbirds
12-02-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.teflon.com/NASApp/Teflon/TeflonPageServlet?pageId=/consumer/na/eng/housewares/keyword/teflon_keyword_birds.html

I found this website and thought it would be a good reminder since we're all heading into a very busy 'kitchen' season with Christmas and New Years approaching.....

Flappy Holidays !!

shylevon
12-02-2005, 10:43 PM
And, don't forget that all those weather sealers and water repellers that we spray on our boots and leather garments is deadly to birdies.

Spray all seasonal wear outside or in the garage, and don't bring the garments into the house until the treatments are dry and odor free. One whiff of this stuff will send a birdie into fatal respiratory distress.

Please be careful.

Janie
12-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Good reminders, thanks! :)

Paulette
12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Very good reminders......I'm glad I didn't get rid of my teflon pans.....I am also glad to know that burning butter or oil is also dangereous.

Good tip Shy!.....my husband and I just bought leather jackets last year when they were on sale....I treated mine, but never got his done.....just did it about a week ago.....and that stuff is stout, it will knock YOU out, not just your birds.....yes, you must do this outside......And....it must dry completely before you can bring it back into the house.....I had to hang it in the garage for several hours after the spray layer.....and the same goes with that Static remover spray... it will choke you up also.

Flappy Holidays to you too Kim....very cute.