PDA

View Full Version : Ditto took his first shower today.

Z28Taxman
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
We were in the bathrrom cleaning his toys and perches in the tub and he seemed like he wanted to get under the water running out of the faucet while I was rinsing his perches. So, I slowed the water to a trickle and made it warm but not too hot for him. I put my hand under the water and he was a bit cautious, bit the water a few times then went under it and flapped around and got a good shower. :cool:

Too bad I couldn't get pics, it was cute.

bellarains
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Yep,

Those had bathes are the cutest. I love the way they "test" the water before plunging in :lol

Z28Taxman
12-04-2005, 12:08 PM
He wanted to hop in the tub and take a bath in the water in there, but I couldn't let him do that since it was full of poop. :x But he does love to sit on my arm and soak up the humidity coming up from the warm water while he watches me scrub to make sure I don't miss a spot. :cool:

Paulette
12-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Dave, isn't that one of the most fun things you've ever seen?

I had a very sweet budgie named Buddy that loved to shower in the tap at the kitchen sink. It's one of those sweet things in life that just absolutely makes you smile. :D The other 3 budgies would huddle together in the corner of the sink while Buddy played in the water.

Buddy came home riding on my son's shoulder while he was riding his bicycle one day. He was missing a toe and very hungry and none of the neighbors claimed him. I told my son, he had to be the luckiest kid. He saw the budgie, talked to it, offered it his hand and Buddy jumped right on and rode on that bicycle. Gosh I miss that wonderful little bird, he was a real sweetie. Amarillo reminds me a lot of him with his sweet temperment.

Buy A Paper Doll
12-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Isn't it the funniest thing?

When it's nice out, I like to wheel M&M's cage out into a sunny spot and pour a slow trickle of water through the top of their cage into their water dish. They scramble up there and take a shower. I usually end up wetter than the birds but they have a great time.

butterfly1061
12-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Dave,

It's kinda hard to take pictures when they're in your hands taking a bath. That's why you never see pictures of mine taking a bath >o They all take one under ther spray of water that comes out of the filter attached to the kitchen faucet. It's just too darn cute. Don't their wings feel light & soft against your hands? I love it! :D