PDA

View Full Version : Lovies & Budgie

butterfly1061
12-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I haven't had any untamed birds until Saturday when I bought Beau the Budgie. He's very scared and of course very unsure of me. When Molly, Daisy & Piper talk to me when I have them out, Beau calls to them and gets excited to hear another bird. It's different having an untamed bird.

Well, tonight I clipped a piece of baby broccoli to his cage (after much fluttering around) and about an hour and 1/2 later he started to tip toe near it to see what it was and pecked at it. I left the room for a few minutes and when I tip toed back in he was eating it. I sat on the floor beside his cage and talked softly to him and he ate quite a bit. I don't know if he was ever fed veggies, so this is exciting for me. I think the next veggie I'll try will be carrots. I need to make some birdie bread for my lovies and I may try that this weekend. Just wanted to share. :happy:

Buy A Paper Doll
12-05-2005, 08:59 PM
I am glad to hear that Beau the Budgie is settling in. (Love the name, by the way!) It's a very good sign that he went for the broccoli. :) My sister's budgies will literally run away making distress calls if she puts anything other than seed in their cage. Of course, her birds are freaks.

Mummieeva
12-05-2005, 09:09 PM
My budgies after 4 months and me trying still wish I would leave them alone. But then mine are a pair. Beau is beautiful for sure. My budgies called to the lovies often. Now that they are in same room the budgies speak lovebird and the lovebirds speak budgie..lol. They do like birdie bread though and snap beans . I dice all the budgies veggies and sometimes they will try them otehr times not.

Steph

bellarains
12-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Jackie,

I'm sure with all the love and attention you will lavish on Beau, he will be a sweet little fella in no time.

It is very exciting to have them respond in a postive way, even more so with an untame bird. I am still in awe of the love and trust that Lacey has given me. I just know Beau will love you in no time :)

Angelwing
12-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah, my budiges talk to the lovies all the time. They even have supervised playtime, most nights. Etna (female lovebird) and Sunny B (male budige) get along VERY well. If Laharl was out of the picture, Etna would for sure go for Sunny. ;)

But you're very lucky to have a bird that will eat veggies right away. I tend not to feed red or orange vegetables until my budgies are comfortable with other veggies (one of my budgies used to freak out if I put carrots in the cage) but now he'll eat them.