PDA

View Full Version : Nope. She's not spoiled.

Buy A Paper Doll
12-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Melody has started sitting on her eggies full time now. If I do see her out of the box, she's busily shredding up palm leaves to take up to her nest. With all that sitting and shredding to do, there's just no time for a busy girl to make it over to the water dish, even if it is conveniently on the same level as the nest box and the food. I don't like this one bit. Soooo.... Every time I clean the water dish, before I hang it in the cage, I hold it up to the nest box opening, tap gently on the box, and call her name. She sticks her head out, takes a drink, and pops back inside.So now she has Milo bringing her food and me bringing her a drink. Nope. She's not spoiled at all.

Mummieeva
12-08-2005, 04:48 PM
:rofl: Nope not spoiled at all.

Steph

Paulette
12-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Amazingly......trained you.....cute....very cute.

LauraO
12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Jennifer: I'm glad you have come to understand the needs of birdy mammas with egg eggs. It's not about them being spoiled, but giving them their just dues:lol :lol .

bellarains
12-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Jennifer,

Now you've done it(just teasing).

I started giving Bela and Lacey night-night drinks at bedtime, and now if I ever forget they sure let me know it. They hang out of their cozies to get their drink-drink, and if I do forget, they hand out and chirp until I come running, apologizing all the way for forgetting:roll:

Anyway, now that you've started it, don't be surprised if it becomes an everyday duty, even when she stops sitting.

butterfly1061
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
My three expect a drink (me holding the dish) every morning and after work. Molly & Piper gulp it and Daisy takes tiny sips like the dainty little girl that she is ;)

Janie
12-08-2005, 07:17 PM
You all are raising a bunch of spoiled rotten lovies that will one day have to go out into the world and behave.......oh, never mind, that's my kids I'm thinking about! :lol Yep, mine are spoiled, too, and that's the way it should be! Spoiled rotten! :D

Z28Taxman
12-08-2005, 09:50 PM
When I'm putting water in a pan to make tea, Ditto will always run down my arm and take a few sips from it before I put it on the stove (and he goes to his cage so he doesn't boil himself). My little water snatcher! 8)

Joanie Noel
12-08-2005, 11:37 PM
How cute, Jennifer. I was laughing just picturing it. :rofl: Well.....until I realized that I hold water dishes up to my birds to drink while they're having out-of-cage playtime. :rolleyes: I think they're just overdramatizing their act of thirst now, just so I'll give them some water. You know, the whole "wow I just flew all over the room nonstop -- I think I'll pant so mama gives me water". :roll:

You all have to admit that it gives you warm fuzzies watching your birdies drink "out of your hand". Cuz you know you're taking care of your baaaabies. :wink:

- Joanie

Angelwing
12-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Heheh, your birdies have you trained good!

p3rr4n
12-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Nope, not spoiled one bit!

Thats why your such a good mommy. <applause & cheers>

:)