PDA

View Full Version : Not sleeping

Mummieeva
12-08-2005, 09:06 PM
It use to be that at bedtime the birds all went to sleep at 8pm and did not peep til 7am. But now for some reason they are waking every 2 hours. I check them every time they start. Never anything wrong it seems. Could the sound of the heat cutting on and off be bothering them? They are not fluffed and everything is normal.

Steph

butterfly1061
12-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Mine use to wake up when the furnace would come on, but the got use to it. Just like the train that runs near my house all day and night. I don't even hear it anymore.

Buy A Paper Doll
12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Not sure if this will help or not ... If mine wake up in the middle of the night, I don't uncover them to check on them unless I hear distress calls or fighting. I go up to the cage and say, "nite nite birdies" or something to that effect. They usually settle down afterwards. If I uncover them then they'll keep doing it all night. Entertainment for them, I suppose.

Paulette
12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
mine do reply to the toilet if they hear it flush in the night....and I think they do reply to the furnace/ac too....they are prolly telling it to be quiet we're trying to sleep in here!

butterfly1061
12-09-2005, 12:19 PM
A while back when I would put Molly night-night, he would run to the otherside of the cage and look under the towel to see what I was doing (I could hear his little feetsies running). Then I would walk over to the cage and say "night-night Molly" and he would run back to his blankie in the corner and perch back on it like "I'm not doing anything". I would just laugh to myself. I love hearing his little feetsies "pitter-pat, pitter-pat". :lol