PDA

View Full Version : Building a Better Bird Cage

jknezek
05-16-2005, 09:05 AM
OK. This is a followup to a thread I started on the old board. I gave up on building my own and went with a new divided dual cage. Each side of the cage (32X21X35 interior cage space) is the size of my old divided cage. Garfield, Odie, Pippen and Merry were happily transferred to their enormous new cage that takes up a huge wall in my apartment. I'm happy to report that they now have the space they deserve and a decent cage as opposed to the old 30X18X36 flight cage they were divided into. Plus, I threw out the table I had built to hold the cage and went with wonderful easy to clean stands.

Thanks for all the advice. Hopefully within the next 2 years I'll be moving from my apartment to a house with a backyard. Then I could build a small outdoor area for the lovebirds and get kiwi, my eclectus, a nice indoor aviary instead of a cage and a nice outdoor aviary for sunny weekends. It's nice to dream, isn't it????

What a wonderful new board! Thanks for all the hardwork that you guys put into it to make this happen!!!!

Jeremy and flock

BarbieH
05-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey Jeremy, welcome over! And thanks for posting the follow-through on your thread from the old board. I hope everyone else feels free to do the same for their own threads. :)