PDA

View Full Version : Beak massage

Z28Taxman
05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
It's one of Ditto's favorite things. He puts his beak between my thumb and forefinger and loves a good beak rub. :cool:

When he came here I'd lose a finger for trying that.

CanadianOlive
05-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Gonzo likes that too.....when he's in the mood for it.....

p3rr4n
05-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Trixie hasnt gotten around to teaching me that one yet. I think I will be proactive and try it when she climbs up on my chest and asks to be cuttled. :D

Tiber
05-17-2005, 11:45 AM
be careful Perran you might loose a finger and a thumb ;)

bellarains
05-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh Yea!!!!

This is actually how I get Bela out of a nippy mood. I hold his beak and say, "NO BITE", and it turns into a beak massage. He's got me trained :rolleyes:

Lori

Z28Taxman
05-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh Yea!!!!

This is actually how I get Bela out of a nippy mood. I hold his beak and say, "NO BITE", and it turns into a beak massage. He's got me trained :rolleyes:

Lori

That's how it started with Ditto too. I used to put my index finger on his beak and say no bite. Now it's massage time. :cool:

Maybe we'll have to start calling Perran stubby soon. :D

p3rr4n
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
be careful Perran you might loose a finger and a thumb ;)

Hate to break it to all y'all but Trixie doesnt bite daddy :p

Well... not enough to mention and never hard. ;)

Well, except this one time Nitro was freaking out about somehting, running around the livingroom in circles and she bit me presumibly to warn me and because she was worried for me. :D

butterfly1061
05-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Yep, Molly has been doing this for a long time. Now Daisy has gotten in on the fun. I've even been seen rubbing both of their beask/heads at the same time. Spoiled! :D

kiwilovies
05-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I will try that with Ono' hes going through the "Not so cutsie" stage and "Tasting" Fidma'ma. ;)

Z28Taxman
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Well tonight was ear nibbling night. That and the ever popular, "eat sock fuzzies". :rolleyes:

linda040899
05-20-2005, 09:12 PM
Georgia (female macaw) is always intent on re-arranging any/all of my body parts but when I rub her beak, she goes into submission mode. That will last as long as I continuously rub her beak. After that, well, I watch my digits......

Buy A Paper Doll
05-20-2005, 09:15 PM
That and the ever popular, "eat sock fuzzies".

Oooh, we like to play games that involve eating Things That Are Not Food. It gets a rise out of momma and we looooove making momma crazy.

We like to play "shoo shoo birdies" a lot. We rip up the carpet and momma says "shoo shoo birdies" to us. Then we hide under the dining room table and laugh at her while she tries to catch us. It's lots of fun.

We used to play "find dead beetles in the sliding glass door track." Hoo-eee is that game fun. Momma screams and it's really funny. But then Daddy brought the big vacuum cleaner in and slurped everything all up in there and now there are no cool things to find any more. He took away our fun. So we made poopies on his pillow and bit him a couple times.

Signed,
Milo and Melody

LauraO
05-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Zimber, our black masked bird lets us give him beak rubs. This has been a milestone for us because he's never likes hands and used to fly away if we even moved a digit.

Zim also likes to jump on our feet when we have socks on. He likes to bite our toes so we'll swing him around and the socks allow him to hold on for the ride. As we live in Hawaii, we aren't big sock wearing people so it's always a treat for him :D.

Z28Taxman
05-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Zim also likes to jump on our feet when we have socks on. He likes to bite our toes so we'll swing him around and the socks allow him to hold on for the ride.

Ditto loves to do that too. :cool:

mjm8321
05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
Beak massages work really well for nervous lovies. The new ones we brought home Saturday are a little jumpy....well, the two young ones are and we just held them, talked softly and scratched those little beaks and they were quite content.