PDA

View Full Version : ALBS pet contest

MaraJade
01-05-2006, 08:41 PM
On a whim I entered their lovie contest last month. I put Button and Justarious in. I know it's not a big deal, but Button got an honorable mention!!
http://www.africanlovebirdsociety.com/pets/index.html

My pets and/or I don't win much, so I was psyched.
Anyway, just thought I'd share my little bit of happy news. :)

Buy A Paper Doll
01-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Congratulations!! :)

kimsbirds
01-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Woooohoooooooooooooooooooo !!!
Congrats !!!

Too bad I can't get the page open right now :(
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

K

butterfly1061
01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Super!! That's so cool :cool:

I believe the 4th place - Seabie by Stacey Robinson is Rubygem's daughter. She also raised my Olivia. I can't remember how old Stacey is - maybe 13. Janie may remember. Anyway Congratulations :happy:

MaraJade
01-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Super!! That's so cool :cool:

I believe the 4th place - Seabie by Stacey Robinson is Rubygem's daughter. She also raised my Olivia. I can't remember how old Stacey is - maybe 13. Janie may remember. Anyway Congratulations :happy:

Oh cool! I was scanning the other names seeing if I recognized anyone, but no luck. Nifty.

Yea, Button won for "most curious" because I sent a picture of her twisting her little head around to look at my camera. The prizes seemed cool, but I'll go buy her a toy myself for her "winnings". lol. :wink:

Elle
01-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Most exotic.... Danny - Heather Jardine? sounds familiar?:eek:

butterfly1061
01-06-2006, 09:30 AM
OMG! :omg: You're right! It is Heather's Danny. I never put two & two together.

CONGRATS HEATHER :happy: This is so cool. I wonder there are other board members listed. I don't know many last names of anyone here.

MaraJade
01-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Hey, that's cool. They should let us make acceptance speeches so we can say we owe it all to lovebirds plus community. ;)

BarbieH
01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Congratulations! That's extremely cool. Wish they posted links to the pictures.

Janie
01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
AWESOME!!!!! Three people we know!!!!! :D That is Stacey, Jackie. Rubygem told me she entered and got 3rd or 4th. I wish we could open a link to ALL the winners. :)

Congratulations, Jessie!!!! :D You, too, Heather!!!! :D

Z28Taxman
01-06-2006, 07:13 PM
I thought I saw Heather and Danny's names in there. :cool:

Congrats Heather and Jessie!

Eliza
01-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Wow -- it's like being amongst the celebs at a red carpet bash :D

Danny is truly an exotic bird -- who wouldn't say that about a blue black-masked lovie?

Button is just gorgeous!

Congrats :)

-e-

graushill
01-07-2006, 07:18 AM
Congrats to all the winners! Danny is gorgeous Heather, and blue too, so exotic is a good qualifier for him I guess :). What are the chances of getting a clutch of blues and/or slates in the near future? I'm looking for a cage mate for Pidget, but I could hold off for a while for a certified beauty. Since I'll be in Scotland next year, I could stop by England then :wink:.

Hugs,
Gloria

MaraJade
01-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Thanks everybody. And congratulations to the other winners. Yea, I wish they had posted the honorable mention pics too. Would it really have taken up that much more space on their server? lol.

Here are the pics I submitted. Only Button won, but I'm posting Justarius' too. :)

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/marajade27/pets/large-msg-113676211227-2.jpg
One foot wonder

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/marajade27/pets/large-msg-113676201782-2.jpg
Side view of Justarius

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/marajade27/pets/large-msg-113676198647-2.jpg
"Most curious" Button!!

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/marajade27/pets/large-msg-113676193189-2.jpg
Buttons come from coconuts.

bellarains
01-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Wow,

That is so cool. If they do this again, let me know. I just know my Lacey LuLu would take most Beautimous Angel:)

Congrats to all those with winners. IMHO, we have the gorgeous lovies ever on this board:D

Z28Taxman
01-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Wow,

That is so cool. If they do this again, let me know. I just know my Lacey LuLu would take most Beautimous Angel:)

Congrats to all those with winners. IMHO, we have the gorgeous lovies ever on this board:D

Ditto would be a shoe in for the biggest snugglebug! :cool:

LauraO
01-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Too bad they didn't have "Most EviL". CuddleBunny would win for sure:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

butterfly1061
01-09-2006, 01:04 PM
I read the one's they have up. The one for Stacey Robinson (4th Place & Rubygem's daughter) shows a picture of Seabie laying on his back. Stacey taught my Olivia to do this. It's soooo cool to have a lovebird that does this. I can't wait to read all of the bio's :D

Janie
01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
"Stacey taught my Olivia to do this."

:D.....she also taught my "Shy" to do it. She kept Shy and Big Boi for a week when I was out of town and in no time, had Shy calmly lying on his back. He still does it for me!

Fortunately, more of those links are opening and Jeanette said they are working on the site so that all entry winners and honorable mentions will eventually open. :)

butterfly1061
01-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Well, I see another member's name - Christina! Her Razzel won Most Social - Congrats! Christina he really is a gorgeous pied :D

MaraJade
01-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Well, I see another member's name - Christina! Her Razzel won Most Social - Congrats! Christina he really is a gorgeous pied :D

Aw, yay Razzle! Funny thing is, I was going to buy Razzle a while back, but Judy (his former owner) changed her mind (she was very torn, obviously) and I ended up getting another male lovebird. I'm so glad he found such a great home! Wish I could have taken him in. I"m jealous. :)

BarbieH
01-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I have just enjoyed looking at those pix out there so much, and reading the entries! :D That you everyone who entered! Next year I think a few of my birdies will need to throw their feathered hats into the ring.