PDA

View Full Version : Skittles is out...sort of

mangotiki
05-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Skittles keeps going back in again and isnt climbing around or anything, but he did come out long enough to get a good flap going!!!

Che is sitting in the pellet dish munching away, poor dad gets chased away when he tries to get his share. I think Che must be a girl...lol

Admission...well, Che was freaking out and flying everywhere when we tried to handle her...and boy can she fly. Is this normal at this age for a hand fed baby as well? So I went ahead and clipped her... I hope that is ok? I know she is a little young yet.

Traci

BarbieH
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Ah, Skittles is starting to build up his flying muscles. Good! Eventually he will just flap and flap until his little feets lift off the perch, and then look at how surprised he is. :D

If Cherche was flying nice and strong for about a week, it should be okay to have clipped her wings. I know Sammy (my handfed monster) had no trouble learning to fly, and to fly well. They get kind of rebellious once that happens.

mangotiki
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I felt guilty about it, but it had to be done, I think.

Skittles is now up and about, flying to the top perch, yaaaay!!!!!!!!! He is alot more timid, so we have decided he will be a boy until we learn differently :) . It is so good to see, since I really thought he was going to die when he hatched :D .

Traci