PDA

View Full Version : Gracie's Back!

BarbieH
01-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Out of the nestbox, that is. We caught her a George gettin' it on yesterday evening and that was that! Birds out, box out, eggs out, everything shuffled around and the birds put back in. So far, so good ...

She has been anxious to come out whenever I open the cage door, but she still idsn't comfortable staying out for long periods.

I did so miss that little bird! :D Sammy is my sweetheart, but even he wants to be close to Gracie. All the boys seem to want to check out her chassis today. ;)

graushill
01-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Hi Barb,

I know exactly what you mean :) . I missed Pontus a lot when she was nesting, much more than I expected. The first few days it was nice not to have to worry about what Pontus could be getting up to during their out of cage time for a change, but since then, I've come to the conclusion that having unchewed on possessions is way overrated. I really missed my snuggly Pontus, and surprise, surprise, so did my husband, her sworn enemy. Whenever he caught a sight of her he would go to the cage and talk to her and I caught him sitting by the cage, gingerly holding a food bowl to the nest box so that Pontus could eat, and when I looked at him, he said that Nemo had not been feeding her enough. As for Gracies star status right now, it gives a whole new meaning to "absence makes the heart grow fonder" doesn't it? ;)

Hugs,
Gloria

BarbieH
01-12-2006, 08:12 AM
:lol It sure does.

I also realized just how much she rules the roost around here. When she's nesting I tend to think that I'm in charge. :roll: Dare to dream!

Any word on your birds' test results?

TTYL,

Elle
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I also realized just how much she rules the roost around here. When she's nesting I tend to think that I'm in charge. :roll: Dare to dream!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah right! Like Gracie would let that happen!

On a more serious note, I'm glad she's back. I know I used to miss my little Sam when she'd lock herself in her nest box. And how cuddly and starved for affection she would be when she'd finally do a reapearance :) *Sigh* still miss my little baby

sdgilley
01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Barb,
I'm glad Gracie is back out of the box and back in charge :). Peepo hasn't decided to stay on her nest yet, I expect that in the next day. She still wants to come out and play, so I played with her some this morning - knowing that once she decides to stay on the nest I won't have my baby out to play with for a while.

Peepo's happy enough to go sit on Eggbert, but she gets all nosey if I am around and has to investigate. So far she hasn't become too defensive of her cage, but I'm watching out! :eek:

Gloria - I could picture your husband helping to feed Pontus! :) That's cute!

BarbieH
01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks ladies. :)

Gracie is still protective of her cage, I found out this morning. :eek: Good thing I was wearing long sleeves! She's also seeing how much trouble she can get into inside the cage. (tipping dishes, etc.) She also wants to attack Bosco and Betty's cage; they still have a nestbox.

I think I need to get her some tomatoes, or something she can just beat the crap outta.

bellarains
01-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Hi Gracie,

Glad you could join all us non-nesty fids again. I am doing pretty good Mama says, not on nest now for almost 6 months. I was thinking about it, but she took all our stuff out, put in new stuff, changed everything around. I guess I will have to make sure I know where everything is, and what a couple of new things are before I try and nest again. I love her, but I wish she'd leave MY STUFF alone!!!!!

Anyways, now you're off nest, you can get out to stretch yer wingies a bit, and suck us some skirtchens. Have fun while it lasts, them darn eggies seem to pop outta no where sometimes:rolleyes:

Lacey

Buy A Paper Doll
01-12-2006, 07:36 PM
"I think I need to get her some tomatoes, or something she can just beat the crap outta."

Does that work, Barb? 'Cause Melly's got some serious pent-up pi**ed-off frustration going on right now and I'd love for her to find something else to beat on besides poor Milo!! As a single birdy, she makes her rounds in her cage every morning, going from toy to toy and giving it a good shake. Then she picks up each of the Nutriberries that I've wrapped in paper for her to "unwrap" and SLAMS them down on the cage floor repeatedly. Then goes to her favorite toy and shakes the crap out of it while hanging upside down from one toe.

butterfly1061
01-12-2006, 07:47 PM
It's a Full Moon week :evil: Daisy's been in "Birdie Time-out" most of the week. I've had to feed her separate from everyone else too. She's a good girl (sort of) when it's just the two of us. She'll be 1 yr old at the end of the month and I'm wondering if her little hormones have built up and she's letting them out :whistle: If I had a male lovie who would give her what she wants ;) , she'd be in his cage all day - the little hussy. >o

Added: Oh, I did change her toys around in her cage this morning. She may be taking her frustration out on everyone in the house about that. I've never done it before. You should've seen the look on her face when I put her back in the cage with everything changed around - priceless!

BarbieH
01-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Does that work, Barb? 'Cause Melly's got some serious pent-up pi**ed-off frustration going on right now and I'd love for her to find something else to beat on besides poor Milo!!

It works for Gracie. :D I bought her some small tomatoes today. I love to watch her get all hunched up, then take a running charge at it. She twortles and scolds it, and inevitably eats some of it. It's a little red punching bag.

Elle
01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
It works for Gracie. :D I bought her some small tomatoes today. I love to watch her get all hunched up, then take a running charge at it. She twortles and scolds it, and inevitably eats some of it. It's a little red punching bag.

I used to do that with cherries for Sam. She thought she had to kill them before she eats them. Walls covered in blood, blood dripping of her white face and yellow beak. What a mess! But how satisfied she looked after!

BarbieH
01-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Don't ever give her blueberries unless your walls are easy to clean ...

Mummieeva
01-13-2006, 06:41 PM
or Pomegranits(sorry i cna never spell them). I am glad I was warned before hand about them..lol. Takes about 2 days for the red to wear off of a whitefaced.lol.

Steph

Elle
01-14-2006, 07:44 AM

I have a portable steamer (cleaning machine, not clothes steamer) made by Hoover that is a wonderfull little tool for cleaning birdy mess. Because it's steam, it also sterilise on contact. I use it to get the gunk off the walls and the cage and many other places little birdies go :D

Z28Taxman
01-14-2006, 09:27 PM

Barb (not you LOL) wanted to give Ditto some raspberries when she lived here. :eek:

I told her no way in **** unless you're buying new funiture after he stains all the stuff we have now. :lol

butterfly1061
01-14-2006, 09:31 PM
There are blueberries in one of the mixes I give my birds. Olivia, my WF Violet, tosses them out of the dish onto the carpet everytime I give her this mix. I told her "You could just DROP them to fall on the bottom of the cage". Silly girl :rolleyes:

Buy A Paper Doll
01-15-2006, 08:18 AM
There are blueberries in one of the mixes I give my birds. Olivia, my WF Violet, tosses them out of the dish onto the carpet everytime I give her this mix. I told her "You could just DROP them to fall on the bottom of the cage". Silly girl :rolleyes:

Some foods are so absolutely offensive that just dropping them on the bottom of the cage is not sufficient. They must be ejected. I've seen Melody stick her beak between the cage bars and spit food out.

Janie
01-15-2006, 08:22 AM
Jennifer, :rofl:

butterfly1061
01-15-2006, 08:24 AM
Jennifer,

You have yourself a rounder there :lol

BarbieH
01-15-2006, 07:39 PM
'K, you're not going to believe this: Gracie let me pet her beak today, outside of the cage. :eek: I have to pet from overhead, and she raises her head up like she wants to try to eat my finger, but I got in four or five real, honest-to-goodness beak pets today.

It seems like, at the end of every clutch, we are a little bit closer. I just couldn't be happier. :happy: :happy: :happy: When I think of how we got started, I am in awe of her bravery. She acted so tough at first, she had to have been terrified to be that fierce.

I'm in love with her all over again. >o

Mummieeva
01-15-2006, 08:03 PM
that is so wonderful.:happy:

Steph

Z28Taxman
01-15-2006, 08:29 PM
'K, you're not going to believe this: Gracie let me pet her beak today, outside of the cage. :eek: I have to pet from overhead, and she raises her head up like she wants to try to eat my finger, but I got in four or five real, honest-to-goodness beak pets today.

It seems like, at the end of every clutch, we are a little bit closer. I just couldn't be happier. :happy: :happy: :happy: When I think of how we got started, I am in awe of her bravery. She acted so tough at first, she had to have been terrified to be that fierce.

I'm in love with her all over again. >o

Are you sure it's Gracie that came out of the box? :cool:

BarbieH
01-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Are you sure it's Gracie that came out of the box?

Ala kazam, presto chango ... nope, it's Gracie all right. :D