PDA

View Full Version : Stripes are very scary

butterfly1061
01-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Last night when I got home from work I changed clothes into a pair of knit lounge pants I got for christmas and a t-shirt. I went to the bird like usual and opened all the cage with joy and excitement in my voice. They were chripping and running to get out except for Piper, who had flown all over his cage and landed (fell) on the bottom - ouch! I reached down to get him out and he yelled and squawked at me. I finally got him out and he flew across the room and landed on the floor. So I bent down to pick him up and he started to run from me. After a couple attemps I finally got him and when I had him on my finger talking to him I noticed him looking down. It then struck me that he was VERY frightened of my new striped knit pants :eek: Well, I put him back in his cage and went back to my room to change clothes - again. This time my old pink knit pants with parrots :D . I told my mother "Piper does NOT like your taste in clothes" :lol It took me over an hour to calm him down, poor baby. At least I know what scares him >o

Janie
01-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Jackie, :lol

I have never had a reaction from mine about my clothing color but I do wear a LOT of lime green! :D Oliver and I like to match! :lol

shylevon
01-13-2006, 05:21 PM
I have a tee shirt with four pairs of eyes on it. It is a shirt to support some nature conservation, and it has eyes of a black bear, a mountain lion, a wolf, and something else. Poor birds are terrified of that shirt. They don't like no eyeballs staring them down.

Mummieeva
01-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I have 2 favorite shirt. One is a sweatshirt pullover and otehr is a mens buttong up shirt. Both are red and both earn me bites if I come near birds with them.lol. It is funny how much like kids they can be.

Steph

Buy A Paper Doll
01-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Isn't it funny how they get it in their little heads that an article of clothing is unacceptable? :)

I haven't had this problem with the lovies but my mother's dog is another story. She particularly hates my husband's work pants. And my niece ended up giving a sweater to Goodwill after the dog made it clear she wouldn't go near her as long as she was wearing it.

butterfly1061
01-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Well, after seeing the look on Piper's face looking at those stripes, I thought he was going to go call his Auntie Lori to come get him - FAST!! So, I had to change into something more gen-tile ;) Cause you know that Lori, why she'd be down here in a minute to get my Piper-baby. :eek:

Buy A Paper Doll
01-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Better yet, send him down here. My pants will make those striped pants (and even the parrot pants) look tame in comparison. I have pants with Mr. Potato Head on them. Cat In The Hat pants. Pants with cats scuba diving for fish. Pants with giant cows and daisies. Doggie pants. The list goes on ...

butterfly1061
01-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Cool pants! I've got some with snowmen (red & blue), snowflakes, cats, & parrots. I wanted some with Tinkerbell or Betty Boop. Hmmm... I do have a gift card to Kohls I haven't used :whistle: I even have a couple nightgowns (granny style, very comfortable & warm) with christmas trees and one with holly. I need them on days like today to keep warm, since the wind is gusting at 30 mph :eek: and the high is only going to be in the low 40's. That's cold for us.

Mummieeva
01-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Jackie if your really brave go find a store called hot topics. They have cool Tinker bell pants. She looks evil..lol.

Steph

LauraO
01-14-2006, 11:34 AM
It's too hot here to EVER where pants in the house or to bed. It's all about the boxers and tank-tops!!!!!

butterfly1061
01-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Laura,

:p LOL!

Z28Taxman
01-14-2006, 10:37 PM
It's too hot here to EVER where pants in the house or to bed. It's all about the boxers and tank-tops!!!!!

Ok I'm moving to Hawaii!