PDA

View Full Version : Mating Behaviour... Act of Submission?

Mandolin
01-18-2006, 05:52 PM
OK, I have asked about Kameko's "super bird :lol " mating behaviour before where she goes really low, sticks out her wings, and makes low clicking noise when i pet her sometimes. I am just wondering why she does this after she has gotten in trouble? When she bites me hard somewhere she gets a bit "NO!" then she will go into her superbird position when i pet her to let her know i forgive her (can't stay mad at lovies >o , i forgive her right away). Is this also an act of submission or what is she doing? She does this everytime, I am just wondering why?

kimsbirds
01-18-2006, 06:46 PM
After you forgive her, are you petting her on her back/wings/tail ?? This might trigger that superbird behaviour (love that name btw) and she's thinking all is well in her little world again... LOL

K

Mandolin
01-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Hahaha... When my hand gets close to her she does it. But yeah i am petting her back. She must reeeeally love me then. hahaha.:D

kimsbirds
01-18-2006, 07:09 PM
BINGO !!! LOL
I believe we've discovered the answer to your ever-sweet superbirdie posing !!! Maybe a little scritch behind the eyes instead of the back would calm her down a touch..or you could offer her a special food treat, we use dried papaya or sugar snap peas for reinforcing good birdie behaviour.
Good Luck !

bellarains
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
For lack of a better way to put it, the back rub is Kameko's G-spot:blush: .

Yep, a little neck skirtchen is probably a better place to pet, that is unless you want to make her assume the superbirdy position:lol

Mandolin
01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=bellarains]For lack of a better way to put it, the back rub is Kameko's G-spot:blush: . /QUOTE]
Bahahaha... I guess i will have to find a new technique for saying "i forgive you". I guess she is saying "i am really really sorry for biting you... how about a little lovin' to clear the air" :lol :lol :lol

kimsbirds
01-18-2006, 08:44 PM
You sure she's a she? Sounds like guy behaviour now....KIDDING GUYS !!!!!

bellarains
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Kimmie:rofl: :rofl: :lol :lol :rofl:

Mandolin
01-18-2006, 09:35 PM
:lol :rofl: :lol :rofl: :lol :rofl: Kim

Angelwing
01-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Hahah.

My budgie used to do that a LOT. He'd start clucking away at my finger, then eventually stick out his wings and try to wrap them around my hand and do some pretty dirty things. I was pretty young when he first started doing this...so I figured he was giving me some sort of over excited hug.