PDA

View Full Version : Flapping Wings

golucky
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi, Charlie likes to flap his wings when I am talking to him. :roll: I will ask him to talk to me and he starts yapping right away and helps this with his wing flapping.:whistle: Does anyone one know why he flaps his wings? :happy:

Joe

Mummieeva
01-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Maybe he is making his point made? My little ones do the flap wing to tell me they liked something I did.lol.

Steph

mjm8321
01-25-2006, 03:48 PM
How old is Charlie? My younger (handfed) lovies tend to flap their wings at me when they want something to eat.

Janie
01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Joe, I'd be kidding myself if I said I knew why he does that but my younger lovies do it, too! Cute, isn't it? :D I think they are kind of showing me their stuff and showing off for me! :happy: I take it as a compliment! ;)

Elle
01-25-2006, 03:56 PM
I know that day I knocked my head under the table there was a lot of wing flapping. :whistle:

Janie
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
How old is Charlie? My younger (handfed) lovies tend to flap their wings at me when they want something to eat.

Well there you go! :D My boys are younger and hand fed! Oliver has never actually flapped his wings at me. He does jump up on his perch and looks like the 'top cock on the walk' sometimes but that's not exactly what Joe described. Big Boi and Shy are always looking for food! :lol MJ, that makes perfect sense to me! :)

Mandolin
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Maybe he is making his point made? My little ones do the flap wing to tell me they liked something I did.lol.

Steph
Kameko flaps her wings at me when i am talking to her too. I think they are just making sure their point gets heard :lol . When Kameko gets really into it, every comment comes with wing flapping. I guess it is their way of gesturing very big ;) .

golucky
01-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Not sure exactly how old Charlie is, probably around 6 months, but I agree with all of you, I think he is trying to get his point across. He and Pete loves most of all, chewing on willow twigs. They stop doing what ever, to chew on twigs. Even get into arguments. I love them.

bellarains
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Wing flapping can be a form of exercise, but since Charles is doing this while you are talking to him, I would guess it to be a form of communication. As MJ said, he may be asking for food, or he may also get excited when you are talking to him, and that's his way of showing his enthusiasm for the conversation:)

golucky
01-25-2006, 06:22 PM
I don't know how old Charlie is, probably around 6 months. I also thing he is trying to get his point across.:rofl: He and Pete's favorite time is chewing and arguing over willow twigs. :happy: They never cease to amaze me. I love them.

Joe:roll:

Angelwing
01-25-2006, 06:38 PM
My youngest two used to do it early in the morning, while their cover was still on. :mad: They do it ocassionally still. My newest two have both done it while I was talking to them.

I'd imagine that they would flap their wings as a warning, as well, like saying 'back off, I'm mean and scary'. Especially when meeting other birds. Once, Laharl got really puffed up and went after Sunny (the budgie) and there was a bit of flappin before I grabbed him up.

kimsbirds
01-25-2006, 09:52 PM
OHOHOH !!
I know why he's flappin those wingies so fast when you talk !!!

HE'S HAPPY !!!!:happy: :happy:

Buy A Paper Doll
01-25-2006, 10:06 PM
If you're happy and you know it, flap your wings!
If you're happy and you know it then your wings will surely show it

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I just wanted to add, my pair do this when they are in their cage and they want to be OUT of the cage.

butterfly1061
01-26-2006, 12:15 PM
:lol :lol Jennifer, you have a way with words. Too cute!

My Olivia does the wing flapping. I think she's telling me "I WANT OUT OF THIS CAGE!" :p

Martha
01-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Martha does that all the time. She tries to get my attention. Also, she does it when she's mad at my mom. :lol My mom taught her how to say Martha, and she wants revenge. :evil: