PDA

View Full Version : Birds and music practice

Buy A Paper Doll
01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Some of you know that I play the French horn. The other night I let the birds hang out with me while I was practicing. This was the closest they've ever gotten to the instrument; they're not too sure it. After all, it's big, and shiny and loud. Picture both birds perched on my collarbone, staring at my lips while I'm trying to play! Later in the evening, I played with both birds perched on my right arm, standing on tiptoe, craning their necks and peeking into the bell. It was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. :)

Right when hubby was going to snap a photo, the doorbell rang. :roll: We will try again another time.

Angelwing
01-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Heheh, too cute. I definitely want to see a picture of that.

Both of my dogs are scared of my electric keyboard, as well as my sax. They freak out and run to the corner they sleep in (they are NOT small dogs, so it's really funny) to hide, give me a look, and howl a bit.

My family used to have goldfish in a tank right next to my piano. Everytime I'd play, the four goldfish would all swim to the side closest to the piano and listen. :cool:

Janie
01-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Jennifer, get that photo!!!! I can't wait and I'm sure it will be adorable!!!! :D Your kids have such great little personalities! :)

bellarains
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Ahhhhh,

How cute is that???? I hope you told whoever was at the door what a great shot they ruined:lol

mjm8321
01-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Jennifer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I used to play the French Horn when I was a kid. I have been laughing, imagining the lovies looking at the French Horn....not being scared of it, just inspecting it, because we all know lovies aren't scared of anything except fingers and medicine. Careful, Melly might think the inside of that bell looks like a good nesting spot!
Oh, I want to see pictures! :lol

butterfly1061
01-26-2006, 12:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

That is too funny! They look soooo nosey when they strain their necks to look at something. Yes, a picture is definately in order.