PDA

View Full Version : Spell Checking

mjm8321
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I know many people want a spell checker and I'm sure it's in the works, but if you try this toolbar from google, it has a spell checker in it that will check spelling for you. Free, easy to use. http://toolbar.google.com/

MJ

shylevon
05-18-2005, 10:11 PM
Or, you can type your responce in 'Word', then copy and paste it over here. I found that a useful trick for typing up long posts when EzBoard was crashing so often.

LauraO
05-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Or you could wear your bad spelling like a badge of honor and display it proudly :D.

bellarains
05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
Laura,

That's what I'm doing. Actually it is kind of a relief, as now I don't even have to worry if I spell something wrong. I can just blame it on my typing skills :rolleyes:

Lori

Janie
05-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Well glory be! I have a new mouse (a double clicker which is NOT standard for a Mac) and found out just today that I can set that sucker to check my spelling and it also gives choices for correct spelling. I AM HAPPY! All I have to do is to click the right side of the mouse and "spelling" comes up! WOOHOO, what will they think of next???? :D

kimsbirds
05-19-2005, 08:58 PM
WOOHOO, what will they think of next????

Funny you should ask this question....because next, some mouse company will make a 'right click' button that gives you a drop down menu something like this:

Add 2 violets
Add 2 slates
Add 2 of any lovebird desired

teehee

linda040899
05-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Darn, Janie!
That's a new one on me..... :)

bellarains
05-20-2005, 07:18 AM
And........

We all run out to buy one of those new mouses :)

Thanks Janie!!!!!

Lori

Janie
05-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Kim, LOL!!!!

Linda, every single thing about a computer is a "new one on me".... :D

Lori, this was a $7.00 mouse that I bought because a couple of my Mac friends said they like the double click better and Apple won't add one. This mouse is "Belkin" it's really made for a PC (isn't everything???) but it is Mac compatible. I've been using this mouse for a couple of months and don't know why I happened to right click it yesterday and find the "spell check"......Being the worlds worst speller, I am delighted to have it! :)