PDA

View Full Version : keyboard protection from destructo birdie

lara
01-31-2006, 07:39 AM
My little lovie has figured out how to pop the keys off of my laptop in less than 10 secons so I had to do something...as if keys with seed underneath them wasn't enough:rofl: Anyways the solution that I came up with that is woking quite well is Glad Press n Seal.He is working away at it as we speak.I figure that I will have to put a new sheet on about once a week.

Elle
01-31-2006, 07:42 AM
I bet that before you know, he will start chewing on the side of the cover, working his way to the keys! :rofl:
Thaqnk goodness, I don't have that problem yet. Blu is still so obessed with hands since she discovered that they won't hurt her. She won't stop nibbling and kissing them. I know the day will come when the clickety noise of the keys will get her attention (Sam used to do a little dance whenever I was typing on the keyboard :lol )

animallover
01-31-2006, 11:23 AM
my rodreigo had done that in the past, i dont know what was funnier-the speed in which he ripped it off or the look on my boyfriends face when he thought we would have to find a new substitute for the letter "M". rod has now been banished from loitering around the computer!

Angelwing
01-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Mine like to poop on the keyboard more than anything else.

As for lifting things off, Etna is terrible for trying to escape her cage. My cages have those slide up doors (supposedly used for dishes) that she loves lifting up and escaping out of. I had to by clips and clip all the doors down. She still tries to lift them, especially in the morning while I'm trying to sleep.

LoveBugs
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
yeah..mine likes going for the red little mouse thingie on my laptop... when i chase her, she runs and drops it, and then turn and bites my fingers

Z28Taxman
01-31-2006, 06:31 PM

As for lifting things off, Etna is terrible for trying to escape her cage. My cages have those slide up doors (supposedly used for dishes) that she loves lifting up and escaping out of. I had to by clips and clip all the doors down. She still tries to lift them, especially in the morning while I'm trying to sleep.

Ditto's old cage had those doors. I kept them closed with quick links. The little bugger figured out how to open those too. :eek:

Wheeliegirl
01-31-2006, 06:39 PM
I have to cover my printer to keep Peachie away/out of it. She broke the last one I had by chewing something up inside of it, and she's already chewed up the buttons on the new one! She quickly figured out how to get the front of it open, and when she does she screeches and squeals with joy. It's so funny to watch, but then I can't get her out of the inside of the printer!

Angelwing
01-31-2006, 10:27 PM
Ditto's old cage had those doors. I kept them closed with quick links. The little bugger figured out how to open those too. :eek:

You've got yourself one smart lil birdie there!

Buy A Paper Doll
02-01-2006, 07:25 PM

Add me to the growing list of people with quick links holding the bird cage doors closed... My A/C repair man told me that when his wife had a cockatiel, they used wooden clothes pins to keep the cage doors shut and replaced them weekly or the bird would just eat through them.

As for the keyboard, mine is always caked in bird poop. I have to keep them off my work laptop because Milo loves to grab the little blue nub out of the middle of the keyboard (the mouse) and run with it.

linda040899
02-02-2006, 11:10 AM
None of my lovebirds really get into the keyboard on my computer. Ginger (CAG) has this thing about the cables that connect my keyboard and my mouse to the tower! So far, she's destroyed the cables for 1 keyboard and 2 mice........ All my other cables/electrical outlets are behind my desk where she can't get to them so she goes for the ones she can reach, when she can reach them!

lara
02-04-2006, 11:01 AM
None of my lovebirds really get into the keyboard on my computer. Ginger (CAG) has this thing about the cables that connect my keyboard and my mouse to the tower! So far, she's destroyed the cables for 1 keyboard and 2 mice........ All my other cables/electrical outlets are behind my desk where she can't get to them so she goes for the ones she can reach, when she can reach them!

they are a bit more expensive but you will save yourself money in the long run if you replace them with a cordless keboard and mouse. I much prefer the cordless mice anyways:blush:

Illumen
02-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Funny stories, my Emma loves pooping on my keyboard and Roxy takes naps on the top of my flat screen, I have to put a towel on the back of the screen so the poop doesn't get into the vents.

Mena

birdman5000
02-25-2006, 08:57 PM
I bet that before you know, he will start chewing on the side of the cover, working his way to the keys! :rofl:
Thaqnk goodness, I don't have that problem yet. Blu is still so obessed with hands since she discovered that they won't hurt her. She won't stop nibbling and kissing them. I know the day will come when the clickety noise of the keys will get her attention (Sam used to do a little dance whenever I was typing on the keyboard :lol )

insurance/warrenties are best for computer protection:cool:

my macaw bubba was left alone for 1 mins (while i went to the bathroom for a hair comb), and got off his cage ran into the kitchen climbed my desk and snapped off a bunch of keys from my brand new toshiba laptop that i bought three days earlier but thank god i bought the fully covered insurance. they had to replace the whole key board and it didn't cost me a dime!:D

Z28Taxman
02-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Ditto stole one of the arrow keys from my laptop the other week. :whistle:

Phoebe
02-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Just got a new computer a month ago and thought Phoebe was just "hiding" in the space where the keyboard was located, thought I would end up with an extra keyboard but I see she has chewed off most of the wires, glad I caught it in time, old keyboard is garbage.